User Tag List

I jailbroke and unlocked my AT&T iPhone 3G on 3.1.2 the other day (with blackra1n) and it worked ok until just now, when it won't turn on anymore. I can only get as far as the apple logo.

I'm trying to restore the phone but, when I hold down the home button and connect up to iTunes, the only choice I get is "Restore and Update" and I'm concerned that it will upgrade me to 3.1.3, which I understand can't be jailbroken or unlocked.

Is there a way to restore my iPhone to 3.1.2?

Thanks!
    you also wrote ; <<<It did work! I googled "download iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw" and grabbed one of the files there. I can't remember which particular site it was but I didn't have a problem with the first one I found (which may have been: MyTopFiles - Misc - iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw)>>>

but my question is: once you found the right key to press (option on windows) and selected the correct iPhone ipsw didn't you get the following message : "iTunes will erase and restore your iPhone to iPhone 3.1.2 software AND WILL VERIFY THE RESTORE WITH APPLE"?

if it worked for you does it mean you had previously backed up SHSH on Saurik's server? or would it also work without?

can anyone else on here give me an answer on this one please?

thanks
    2010-03-03 12:19 PM
    If they use it now on a 3.1.x then people will complain when 3.2 or 4.0 come out and there is no jailbreak for them when they could actually contain stuff people want to use.
    you got a point.

but my point is that in last 1 month 3 exploits have been found.
    1 buy geohot
    1 by musclenerd
    1 by sherif_hashim.

as too many ppl have been stuck with 3.1.3 so the devs can use 1 for 3.1.3 and retain rest 2 for 3.2 and 4.0.

its all upto the devs but i think it could have been done this way. just my own thoughts.
    2010-03-03 04:06 PM
    Nwriko: You have to have your shsh stored on Saurik's server or this will absolutely not work. You cannot go back to 3.1.2 without it(on the 3GS). The only way you can move up to 3.1.3 jailbroken is if you shift/restore(windows) option/restore(mac) with a custom firmware created by pwnage tool or snowbreeze, but your phone must be in a jailbroken state already. If you are on 3.1.3 stock you are stuck.
    2010-03-03 04:46 PM
    Nwriko: You have to have your shsh stored on Saurik's server or this will absolutely not work. You cannot go back to 3.1.2 without it(on the 3GS). The only way you can move up to 3.1.3 jailbroken is if you shift/restore(windows) option/restore(mac) with a custom firmware created by pwnage tool or snowbreeze, but your phone must be in a jailbroken state already. If you are on 3.1.3 stock you are stuck.
    thanks for answering CaptainChaos!

but i don't want to "go back" to 3.1.2.. i want to STAY at 3.1.2. but i'm stuck like so many others on this forum in a silly boot loop. where restore mode and geohot's face keep on appearing on my screen but the iPhone doesn't start. and if i try to restore i get forcibly upgraded to 3.1.3 which i don't want to do since i STUPIDLY didn't store my SHSH on Saurik's server and therefore i would not be able to get back.

i own a beautiful white 32gb 3GS paper weight!
    2010-03-03 09:11 PM
    you got a point.

but my point is that in last 1 month 3 exploits have been found.
    1 buy geohot
    1 by musclenerd
    1 by sherif_hashim.

as too many ppl have been stuck with 3.1.3 so the devs can use 1 for 3.1.3 and retain rest 2 for 3.2 and 4.0.

its all upto the devs but i think it could have been done this way. just my own thoughts.
    Yea but I think they all pertain to the same thing. I thought Sherif passed it on to the dev team to figure out the rest. I thought Geohotz was one he had been holding onto. So randomly thinking, you have 2 that can be used. They use up one now then they can't get into iPad. Use the other then they can't get into the 4G. I say we are almost to the iPad release and we can see what will happen. I thought I heard that just becuase they have an exploit doesn't mean they have means to impliment it into a actual jailbreak.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-03-04 12:46 AM
    Actually Apple has blocked restoring the phone to ANY version before 3.1.3now, if you try to do a manual restore you will get an error message. They are really carrying on now!
    2010-03-21 01:05 AM
    Hi,
    Facts: 3GS Firmware 3.1.2.
    I had blackra1n it. And it worked fine. Today my 3G was not working. So I reset the network. And after that didn't work, I reset the IPhone. Now iTunes says that I have to recover it. But iTunes doesn't allow me to install a common 3.1.2 firmware. And as far as I understand I should not allow iTunes to upgrade my iPhone to 3.1.3. No I'm helpless. Also another blackra1n didn't work.
    BR Panda Aus Berlin
    2010-03-23 12:50 AM
    the reason you can restore to 3.1.2 is because apple isn't signing that firmware anymore...only 3.1.3...If your phone has the old iBoot then u can create a custom 3.1.2 firmware and restore to it because custom firmwares don't need signing from apple...if your phone has the new iBoot then unless you have your shsh's on file with cydia you will not be able to restore to 3.1.2 at all...I believe that a phone reset requires you to restore afterwards so you might be out of luck if neither of the first 2 options I listed apply to you because you are going to have to restore to 3.1.3 and at this time there is no jailbreak or unlock available for it on the 3gs
    2010-03-23 06:29 AM
    Thx, I will try a custom firmware. But I'm afraid that I already have the new iBoot.
    2010-03-23 09:18 AM
    read here to find out how to determine your iBoot version http://modmyi.com/forums/general/688...m-version.html 359.3 being the old and 359.3.2 being the new
    2010-03-23 09:26 AM
    Panda, did you have a tethered jailbreak? Your iBoot cannot be changed seeing as it is on a separate physical chip than the OS. If it was not tethered before then you have the old iBoot. Do not update to 3.1.3 in iTunes.
    2010-03-23 01:34 PM
    Hi,
    I don't understand the meaning of tethered jailbreak complete. I assume that this means that I have to jailbreak the iPhone again when I switched it off. And that was the case. So I assume that I have the new iBoot. BTW also setting the iPhone in DFU mode didn't help. iPhone still rejects to put 3.1.2 firmware again on my iPhone.
    So I will try any way if a custom firmware makes any difference.
    I'm lost
    2010-03-23 02:52 PM
    yes you had a tethered jailbreak therefore your phone will not accept any custom firmwares because it has the new iBoot...
    2010-03-23 06:10 PM
    Ok I do not get this, I had a crash after installing an app with cydia, I want to reload the 3.1.2 firmware. I get a message saying my phone is not eligible for the upgrade. what do I do?

okkkkkk, so I get it now apple has decided to **k me over by not digitally signing my OS 3.1.2, surly this is ilegal? why should I be forced to a version of software I did not purchace!
    Last edited by Fuzzyllogik; 2010-04-01 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-01 12:10 PM
    Getting tired too of Apple... Bought a iphone with 3.1.2 and don't want 3.1.3.

My 3GS was jailbroken with 3.1.2 and had couple of issue with GPS and network drop (specially when using Skype). I added the blackra1n RC3 from cydia and GPS was stable (before I would have to reboot often to use it).

2 days ago iphone droppped signal while being on a Skype call on 3G (with Etisalat). Then iphone hanged. I rebooted and was not able to have any signal at all (with both original Sim and Etisalat Sim card it will simply hang when entering the PIN code0.

I un-installed the fix from Cydia and was able to use the original Sim card only (any other card will not register). I tried to re-install from Cydia and same problem could not do anything and phone will hang to put pin code. So uninstalled it again.

I tried then to install Sn0w from blackra1n and now the phone get stucks on the picture while try to do thetered boot.

Any idea how come this happened (problem with network as I have NOT done any upgrade)?

Now when I try to re-install the 3.1.2 fw from iTunes I always get a message saying that this fw is not available (I had my keys registered in Cydia and also changed my host file). I did it in February and it worked at that time (I had to change my host file as it would not worked).

Is there any problem with the 74.208.10.249 server? Anything else I can do to restore on 3.1.2?

Can't believe that a company is imposing us a software release not choose (would be like if Microsoft prevents you to install your paid Windows XP and force you to Windows 7!)
    2010-04-10 07:38 PM
    "iPhone1,2_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw" didn't work for me. Maybe it didnt download right? I tried downloading it several times
    2010-05-17 04:39 AM
    I had the very same problem with my 3g.. couldnt restore to 3.1.2 on itunes, just wouldnt let me.. Rain blackra1n again and it worked fine.. Took ages for the painted picture to disappear but once it did the phone came up fine.

2010-06-08 07:24 AM
    Does anybody have solution for 3GS?
    Im running 3.1.2 and my iPhones teelin me it needs to restore

I once just turned it off and ran a tethered jailbreak ( I have to run tethered) again with blackra1n and it booted up fine.. that worked for a couple of days then i got the no service issue and need to restore again..(tried atleast 30 times). now all i get is problem shown in pic above when i try to run tethered jailbreak again...
    And itunes 9 showing error in pic below

I can close that error and get to the restore and update part...

How can i restore my 3GS without updating to 3.1.3?
    The earlier methods dont work on the 3GS ie. left shift clicking restore...

Someone please help... I have a brick at the moment and so far only fix is to restore to 3.1.3 but im holding off as long as i can...

aaaaarrrghhhhhhhh
    What theme are you using??
    2010-07-13 07:44 PM
    Hey... I was having a severe prob with my battery and was leaking like anything...someone told me to restore it and unlocke it...

so when I was restoring it asked for an upgrade i clicked yes for that since then I am not able to use my phone...its showing the use and the itunes symblo on the screen and only the emergency calls...

what do i need to do kindly hepl me out...I am not sure whether its 4.0 or the later version of that...I tried doing sn0wbreeze with ipsw file of 4.0 and 4.0.1 and 3.1.3

Iphone 3gs was on 3.1.3 and dont know wht is it now...

Help me... plssss.....
    2010-08-02 02:48 PM
    I installed something from cydia and got stuck in endless reboot. i was unable to recover a backup.

so i re-downloaded 3.1.2 and tried to restore it, but like others, it tried to verify with apple then gave me an error.

i found this solution and it worked for me. my phone is now restoring back to it's 3.1.2 :
    Downgrade iPhone Firmware 3.1 to 3.0

1. First and foremost, you must have saved your ECID file through Cydia. If this was done, you should see the following message at the top of Cydia’s homepage: This iPhone 3G[S] has an ECID SHSH on file.

2. Now we’re going to duplicate the functionality exposed by Apple’s signature server and trick iTunes into thinking it is connected to Apple’s servers. Make sure you have iTunes 9 installed on your computer.

On a Mac, go to /etc/hosts. On a PC, go to C: \Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts. Open the file in a text editor and add the following entry at the bottom of the file: 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Save the file and close it.

3. Now we have to put your iPhone into DFU mode. To do this, open iTunes, plug your iPhone and hold down the power and home buttons for 10 seconds, then let go of the power button but continue to hold the home button until iTunes recognizes the device with the message: “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.” Your iPhone screen should be completely black. If you see an image on your screen, you most likely didn’t perform the previous step correctly. Try again.

4. You can now do a “normal” restore. To do this, hold down the Option key (on Mac OS X) or the SHIFT key (Windows) while clicking the Restore button in iTunes. Select the firmware
    2010-08-24 08:26 PM
60 123