User Tag List

HI guys i am a n00b here so be nice !

Since I got my iPhone the wifi has been rubbish .
    I know it is still under warranty, but I jailbroke it a month after I got it.
    I just noticed the problem after I upgraded my wifi router to an Apple-Made one expecting better signal, but i got terrible signal.
    I am on O2-UK not unlocked 3.1.2 (7D11) With bootrom 05.11.07.
    My question is: Can i use itunes to back it up, upgrade it to 3.1.3, then get it fixed (hopefully free ) then re-jailbreak it and restore from the jailbroken backup? I know there are some problems with non-jailbroken backups.

Thanks in advance,
    Hazamajaza
    2010-02-18 08:06 AM
    If it's a 3GS, you can't jailbreak 3.1.3

As for wifi, I doubt updating would make it any better.
    2010-02-18 03:15 PM
    If it's a 3GS, you can't jailbreak 3.1.3
    Thanks but if you look closely at my info (top-right) it says 3G

As for wifi, I doubt updating would make it any better.
    My question is: Can i use itunes to back it up, upgrade it to 3.1.3, then get it fixed then re-jailbreak it and restore from the jailbroken backup?
    Thanks for the advice though!

Any1 else?
    Last edited by hazamajaza; 2010-02-19 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Spelling errors
    2010-02-19 08:09 AM
    Your attitude and apparently rude replies to someone trying to help don't really inspire anyone else to want to help you.
    2010-02-19 10:08 AM
    Your attitude and apparently rude replies to someone trying to help don't really inspire anyone else to want to help you.
    Sorry, I had just got up.
    Didn't Mean to be rude

Hazamajaza
    2010-02-19 01:15 PM
    My bad. Not everyone updates their info and most people ask for advice on 3GS at the moment.

You can backup your phone, restore it to stock version and take it in for repairs, yes. Then restore from backup when you get your 'new' phone.

As long as you get a 3G back, you'll be able to jailbreak it. The baseband will most likely be updated but as you don't need to unlock, this shouldn't be a problem for you.
    2010-02-19 01:57 PM
    My bad. Not everyone updates their info and most people ask for advice on 3GS at the moment.

You can backup your phone, restore it to stock version and take it in for repairs, yes. Then restore from backup when you get your 'new' phone.

As long as you get a 3G back, you'll be able to jailbreak it. The baseband will most likely be updated but as you don't need to unlock, this shouldn't be a problem for you.
    Thanks!
    I was looking all over the net for that.
    That really helped me.

Sorry for my rudeness before,
    Hazamajaza
    2010-02-19 02:06 PM