User Tag List

This is exactly what happened.

I have a new iPhone 3GS with (unfortunatly) the new bootroom. Im running 3.1.2 and the first time i ran blackra1n it worked perfectly, then i installed winterboard from Cydia which prompted me to restart the device which i did and because of the bootroom it went to recovery mode. So i ran blackra1n again but this time it didnt work !!!

I have Windows 7 so i ran blackra1n i compatibility mode (Windows XP service pac 2 & 3). i Have reloaded and rebooted the computer and the iPhone a million times and still nothing.

I AM VERY DESPRATE, PLZ HELP !!!!
    2010-02-21 11:35 PM
    Similar happened to me where I am was Jailbroken & Unlocked using blackra1n and blacksn0w. yesterday had to reboot due to phone being frozen and it started fine with blackra1n but the wifi wasnt working. So I did reset network settings and ever since then my iphone is in infinet recovery mode even using blackra1n it just keeps rebooting with apple symbol and geo's picture stuck. Any ideas how to boot up my iphone without having to restore/update it?

Someone please help!!!
    2010-02-22 01:42 AM
    If you didn't have cydia back up your info you're pretty much SOL. I had the same thing happen to me and had to update/restore to get the phone working again because I didn't back up my info through cydia. Pretty much have to wait it out but in the mean time you have a very expensive Ipod, Correct me if I'm wrong on this.
    2010-02-22 02:02 AM
    you can try using redsnow to start it (has option to just start the phone)...if that doesn't work try jailbreaking with redsnow an see if that gets you back in business
    2010-02-22 06:35 AM
    same thing happen to my brand new 3Gs yesterday
    spent hours looking for new avenues, no luck.
    does anybody know if it is winterboard causeing it?
    2010-02-22 07:08 AM
    I'm using winterboard on new 3GS jailbroken with redsnow 0.94 with no problems...could be a blackra1n problem...trying jailbreaking with redsnow
    2010-02-22 07:12 AM
    i'll try redsnow when i get home from work
    2010-02-22 07:53 AM
    I will also try redsnow when I get home tonight from work.

I tried iREB yesterday to get out of the recovery loop but to no avail. I really dont want to restore / update and be hosed until the dev team comes up with an updated solution.

Any special instructions/scenarios for redsn0w that I should know before trying to start the phone with it or even jailbreak with it???

Thanks guys!

If you didn't have cydia back up your info you're pretty much SOL. I had the same thing happen to me and had to update/restore to get the phone working again because I didn't back up my info through cydia. Pretty much have to wait it out but in the mean time you have a very expensive Ipod, Correct me if I'm wrong on this.
    How do I check if I have a backup with Cydia on my PC since I cant start the iPhone stuck in recovery mode??
    Last edited by naly; 2010-02-22 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-02-22 01:46 PM
    try this...it may help http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html
    2010-02-22 06:54 PM
    Try kicking out of the boot loop problems with iReb.
    2010-02-23 01:31 PM
    i updated my phone to 3.1.3 and ill just wait for the mod, thanks for all the advice.
    2010-02-24 06:23 AM