User Tag List

Hi, My phone is displaying everything backwards. I have to hold it up to a mirror to see what it displays. I tried to restore it to 3.1.2 and it still doesnt display correctly. Even the silver apple that shows when powering on is backwards. The weird part is that the touch part still reacts how it should, just everything on the display is backwards. I dont know if I am explaining correctly so what I am trying to say is that I still touch where the 1 should be to push one, but it shows a backwards three. Also all the icons are reversed and the keyboards. Everything.

The last app I installed was the android lock and it was working fine so I dont really thing that is the problem. I thought that after I did the restore it resets all the settings, but there must be some file somewhere on it that needs to be manually changed. I dont really have any expierience with ssh, but have used iphonebrowser to copy videos I take with cycorder.

ANY help or recommendations would be welcome and VERY appreceiated.
    Thanks

TLDR: Everything displays in reverse even after restore.
    2010-02-22 07:56 AM
    Pic or it isnt true
    2010-02-22 08:15 AM
    here are pics.

The one where I am pushing on the left side where the phone icon is you can see that the phone icon is showing itself as being pushed.
    You can also see when I slide to unlock how it reacts.

Picasa Web Albums - ruby2010 - ????? ??????\
    2010-02-22 08:51 AM
    That's pretty awesome =) never seen that before. Weird that restoring doesn't work though.
    2010-02-23 01:35 PM
    you must have the dyslexia toggle turned on.
    2010-02-23 09:01 PM
    lol :d
    2010-02-23 09:04 PM
    lmao, but I also want to cry. I cant believe that I am the only one who has ever had this happen.

Is there some trick to doing a restore I am missing? I downloaded 3.1.2 and then held down shift and restore in itunes and picked the ipsw file that I downloaded. I thought this reset everything?? Is there some hidden files or something I could change, or a rom to flash?
    2010-02-24 10:27 PM
    When you did the restore did you set up as "new phone"? I don't think that would matter that much because that is done actually after the firmware is written, but it is the current "guideline" per se to always set up as new to avoid any left over file garbage.
    Be worth a shot since you just restored anyway you still have to set everything up the way you like it.
    Post back and let us know of the results.
    good luck
    2010-02-24 11:09 PM
    I set it up as a new phone and have tried to restore it on 3 different computers using ipsw files that I found at iclarified (sp?) I have no idea what to do. I hate to have to get a new phone as I do not have enogh money to buy anything. Can you recommend any phone that can read books like in stanza and use skype or fring? I might just uy an ipod touch as I dont really use the thing for calls that often, but would like to have everything in one package
    2010-02-25 01:18 AM
    Maybe your so addicted your on the inside looking out..lol
    2010-02-25 01:27 AM
    oh , next step is to find another ipsw. use one right
    from here at modmyi. go to downloads tab and you will find 3.1.2
    2010-02-25 01:54 AM
    Arabian Iphone maybe ?
    2010-02-25 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD