User Tag List

Hello everyone. New to MODMYI and I have a question that maybe someone can answer. Let's say that I want to give my iphone to my son. A 3gs with version 3.1.3. Now.... if I go to AT&T and request a deactivation of that iphone, give it to my son to have reactivated at a later date, buy a NEW iphone 3gs for myself and it comes with 3.1.2, I would be very happy. The question is this: When the guy at the store transfers all of my contacts and stuff including apps from my old iphone, would it automatically transfer the 3.1.3 fw to the new iphone? I was told that the new iphones on the market still have 3.1.2 fw and that the owner is the one who installs the 3.1.3 fw, not the store.
    2010-03-02 09:53 PM
    Why wouldn't you just sync your old phone right before deactivating it, then restore your new phone from the backup of your old phone using iTunes? That way you have complete control over the process.
    2010-03-02 10:07 PM
    If I synced my old iphone it will sync back to what itunes already has, which is 3.1.3. You see...I already upgraded my old phone with 3.1.3. What I need, I think, is to stay away from syncing with itunes with the old phone. I'm not sure but I know I can't make a stupid mistake by upgrading again to 3.1.3. Does that sound right?
    2010-03-02 10:52 PM
    Not at all. The OS doesn't get synced. Your data does.

If the OS got synced, there would be a lot more people out there that sync their phones regularly ending up on 3.1.3 on accident.
    2010-03-03 03:51 AM