Hey, i need a little help.

so, earlier today i plugged my iphone into my computer. I opened itunes and the "would you like to update to the latest firmware?" message came up. i checked "dont show this message again" and pressed cancel (because my iphone is jailbroken). I put some songs on my iphone and unlugged it. later i got frusterated because i couldnt download half the apps from the app store because i needed OS 3.1 to download them (i have OS 3.0), so i figured ill just update to 3.1.3, and jailbreak my iphone again. When i got on itunes i went under my iphone and clicked "Check for Update" and waited for it to load a bit, then a message pops up, saying "The version of the iPhone software [3.0] is the current version.". At this point im confused, so i uninstall itunes from my computer and re-install it. when its finally done installing, i go back to my iphone and check for updates again. Same message, "The version of the iPhone software [3.0] is the current version." pops up. I think that maybe if i use itunes on a differnt computer, that maybe it'll let me update. So, i go on my laptop and try to update, but it still says my iphone is up to date. Now im annoyed, and i dont understand why it wont let me update my iphone to 3.1.3, especially since it asked me to update a couple hours earlier, and i ignored it.

I tried googling my problem but i couldnt find anything. i dont know what else to do. is there any way to update to 3.1.3 manually? or how can i fix it so it'll let me update from itunes?

Thanks A lot
    2010-03-16 06:50 AM
    Are you on latest iTunes Version?? Download Latest iTunes version from Apple site
    iPhone 4
    Firmware : iOS4
    Carrier : Softbank (Japan)
    Jailbroken using Jailbreakme
    2010-03-16 06:56 AM
    What iPhone do you have? Do you need it unlocked?
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-03-16 06:59 AM
    Sorry, i have an iPhone 3G, and when i reinstalled my itunes i got it right off the site, so its the latest version.
    2010-03-16 07:06 AM
    I would only go to 3.1.2, but that's just me
    2010-03-16 07:38 AM
    Yep, best to do a custom build to 3.1.2 if you want a jailbreak. Or if you want to go to 3.1.3 iPhone Jailbreak Guides | iPhone Tutorials | ModMyi.com Blog Archive How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 3GS/3G/2G iPod Touch 2G/1G with sn0wbreeze Windows
    2010-03-16 07:58 AM
    yeah, ill probally do that. as long as i can update my iPhone to 3.1+ im happy. But the issue is, how do i update it to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3? can i do it manually somehow?
    2010-03-16 08:03 AM
    Follow the link Cerote gave you
    iPhone 4
    Firmware : iOS4
    Carrier : Softbank (Japan)
    Jailbroken using Jailbreakme
    2010-03-16 08:06 AM
    That guide should show you. Basically it will build a 3.1.3 for you then kick your phone into recovery mode. From there it makes you install new software. That is when you point it to the build you did. Or do you not care about the jailbreak or unlock and just want to go to the official iPhone 3.1.3 os?

If you just want the plain 3.1.3, no jailbreak, you can just put the phone in DFU/recovery mode and it will make you restore. You do that by holding the power and home button at the same time till the iPhone shuts off by itself. Then let go of the power button but hold the home button. iTunes will say it has detected a phone in recovery mode.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-03-16 at 08:08 AM.
    2010-03-16 08:06 AM
    oh okay, im trying to follow the guide, But when i download the firmware it just saves as a .rar file. how do i get it to save as the firmware file or whatever?
    2010-03-16 08:46 AM
    What browser do you use? it is best to download the firmware with firefox. otherwise change the .rar to .ipsw
    2010-03-16 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD