Every once in awhile without me doing anything, when I awake my phone it's in sad (safe mode). Should I start over from scratch and be careful when i install stuff. The last time I jb it was my first time so I might have gotten carried away. I have 425 mb on /var. I know there was that issue with Rock and this should've been addressed at midnight last night but this didn't change. Can I get some insight?

Thanks!
    2010-03-16 08:54 PM
    Every once in awhile without me doing anything, when I awake my phone it's in sad (safe mode). Should I start over from scratch and be careful when i install stuff. The last time I jb it was my first time so I might have gotten carried away. I have 425 mb on /var. I know there was that issue with Rock and this should've been addressed at midnight last night but this didn't change. Can I get some insight?

Thanks!
    How long ago was it that you JB your phone ? If you used Rock, I would stay away from that as much as possible. You just might need to do a fresh install.
    2010-03-16 08:58 PM
    So rock is really that bad huh? I JB about a week ago and didn't have any issue when I did. So can you get MyWi without Rock? If so, I wouldn't be too upset but Rock is so much faster that Cydia. Do you recommend ICY or just Cydia? Seems more exciting with more options but I would rather have a dependable phone but MyWi is a must.

Thanks!!
    2010-03-16 09:04 PM
    cydia ftw!!
    2010-03-16 09:06 PM
    So rock is really that bad huh? I JB about a week ago and didn't have any issue when I did. So can you get MyWi without Rock? If so, I wouldn't be too upset but Rock is so much faster that Cydia. Do you recommend ICY or just Cydia? Seems more exciting with more options but I would rather have a dependable phone but MyWi is a must.

Thanks!!
    Cydia. All day long. Slow or not, I would prefer to use a more reliable source.
    2010-03-16 09:10 PM
    Cool, thanks guys!

allrighty then, bye bye rock!

can i just uninstall rock or is the damage done and needs a clean clean wipe?
    Last edited by mj0528; 2010-03-16 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-16 09:31 PM
    Cool, thanks guys!

allrighty then, bye bye rock!

can i just uninstall rock or is the damage done and needs a clean clean wipe?
    When was the last time you did a clean restore as new ?
    2010-03-16 09:36 PM
    a week or 2 ago when i got into the blackra1n loop, but I used a custom ipsw
    2010-03-16 09:46 PM
    a week or 2 ago when i got into the blackra1n loop, but I used a custom ipsw

Well, if you know what you are doing, I would do a restore. Thats just me though.
    2010-03-16 09:58 PM
    cool, i can do a restore but still learning as I go with the rest. It's an old bootrom 3gs so I got a bit of flexability with blowing it away and starting from scratch. I removed the 5 icon add on that seems to be gone when the sad phone reboot is done, so maybe that did it.

What is to be expected with the message on Cydia that says that I have 425mb left on /var? Is that something to be concerned about?

Thanks again for your help!
    2010-03-16 10:06 PM
    cool, i can do a restore but still learning as I go with the rest. It's an old bootrom 3gs so I got a bit of flexability with blowing it away and starting from scratch. I removed the 5 icon add on that seems to be gone when the sad phone reboot is done, so maybe that did it.

What is to be expected with the message on Cydia that says that I have 425mb left on /var? Is that something to be concerned about?

Thanks again for your help!
    Old bootrom is a prize. I have it as well. If its working with removing the 5 icon, that might have been it but like I said, I am not afraid to restore when things go nutty on my phone.
    2010-03-16 10:24 PM
    Sometimes when I reboot my phone it also boots into safe mode and when I get back into the phone, the 5th icon from the dock is moved. Not sure exactly what's causing it but for me, it's not really a big problem since it only happens when I manually reboot my phone.

If the phone is crashing randomly though, I'd probably also restore, so that'd be my advice as well.

And about Rock, it supposedly is fine for some people but Rock Extensions have been known to interfere with Mobile Substrate so personally, I just stay away from it.
    2010-03-16 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD