Hey I can't seem to find an answer to my question/problem

I have a 2G iPod touch 8GB jailbroken on 3.1.2 FW. This morning my iPod gave me an alert saying that it was out of free space, and I didnt understand why that was because I hadnt installed anything new on it. So I deleted some apps then looked at my General> About page and it said only 15MB were available which didnt seem right to me because I deleted a LOT. I went back to General then into About again to refresh it, and it said only 12.5. I repeated this process and watched as my iPod slowly lost all remaining available space by itself... down to 0 bytes. Any ideas?
    2010-03-17 02:32 AM
    Hey I can't seem to find an answer to my question/problem

I have a 2G iPod touch 8GB jailbroken on 3.1.2 FW. This morning my iPod gave me an alert saying that it was out of free space, and I didnt understand why that was because I hadnt installed anything new on it. So I deleted some apps then looked at my General> About page and it said only 15MB were available which didnt seem right to me because I deleted a LOT. I went back to General then into About again to refresh it, and it said only 12.5. I repeated this process and watched as my iPod slowly lost all remaining available space by itself... down to 0 bytes. Any ideas?
    Do you have Rock installed on your phone ?
    2010-03-17 02:40 AM
    I need help on this issue as well, what does Rock have to do with it?
    2010-03-17 02:41 AM
    2010-03-17 02:42 AM
    yeah
    There is an article on BigBoss that discusses this issue. You are not the only one that is having it. You should be using Cydia instead of Rock. Much more stable.
    2010-03-17 02:43 AM
    Yes, i dont use rock THAT much but i HAVE it on my device, would bosstoll help??
    2010-03-17 02:44 AM
    There is an article on BigBoss that discusses this issue. You are not the only one that is having it. You should be using Cydia instead of Rock. Much more stable.
    Getting “Warning: You are running low on memory” pop-ups? The Fix. | iPhone News, Help and Guides

Yes, i dont use rock THAT much but i HAVE it on my device, would bosstoll help??
    Getting “Warning: You are running low on memory” pop-ups? The Fix. | iPhone News, Help and Guides
    Last edited by CONVBMW; 2010-03-17 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-17 02:45 AM
    ok im trying that now i'll let you know if it works

Well I think I've got it. Rather than deleting rock (I really do love the app when it works right) I followed the instructions on the link HERE and cleared my cache, updated rock, and then used iFile and deleted the mentioned log file, (which was a staggering 1.1 GB). It seems to be holding up now, not filling itself. If need be I'll do this every so often in order to keep Rock, It's so much easier and faster to use than Cydia just really buggy sometimes. Also i think it's worth mentioning that two days before this problem happened i renamed my iPod "The titanic" so when i Plugged it in it said "Syncing the Titanic". Then suddenly it started losing space all by itself, as if taking on water. Irony.
    Last edited by lp_obsession2005; 2010-03-17 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-17 03:23 AM
    Ive done all those fixes and my iphone continues to loose space. at first that log file was huge and i cleared it. then it started leaking again and that log file is gone and its still leaking ive checked on that log several time and it is not growing. I have updated rock and all. i did realize that when i uninstalled ifile and reinstalled it that seemed to cleared it up but started leaking again. im almost out of space again. I think this is a virus only thing that can explain why everyone was hit the same day. anyone else have an solutions.
    2010-03-18 12:46 AM
    Ive done all those fixes and my iphone continues to loose space. at first that log file was huge and i cleared it. then it started leaking again and that log file is gone and its still leaking ive checked on that log several time and it is not growing. I have updated rock and all. i did realize that when i uninstalled ifile and reinstalled it that seemed to cleared it up but started leaking again. im almost out of space again. I think this is a virus only thing that can explain why everyone was hit the same day. anyone else have an solutions.
    Dude, uninstall Rock. Use Cydia
    2010-03-18 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD