Well, I have a iPhone 3G[S](Old Bootrom) at 3.1.2 jailbreaked with blackrain, however i wanna restore it as i am having a few annoying problems... i don't need unlock as my iPhone is factory unlocked, so my question is, which is the best way for me to jailbreak it again? I don't care if it is a custom IPSW or w/e, if it is slow or fast, all i need is the very best way : D (bugs free and etc..) PS: I am using windows 7 x64
    2010-03-18 10:34 PM
    well, do u have ur shsh file saved on cydia for 3.1.2 ? cuz if u dont then u only got one option which is upgrade and jailbreak...if u do have it saved then redirect itunes to cydia servers and restore to 3.1.2 and blackrain all day
    2010-03-18 10:36 PM
    Yes, i do have it saved.
    2010-03-18 10:37 PM
    You can make a custom 3.1.2 firmware with pwnagetool and restore to that. That's the best jailbreak tool in my opinion.

With custom firmwares, you don't need to worry about SHSHs and once you've made one, you can keep it on your computer and restore to it whenever the need arises.

The reason for CFWs not needing SHSH is that they skip the signing process when restoring to them. This only works for phones that are either already jailbroken or on firmware 3.1.2 or lower.
    2010-03-18 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD