Hey guys i own a iPhone 3gs new bootrom model running on 3.1.2 firmware it was going sweet until i decided to reset my network settings. and now im stuck at this endless recovery mode cycle... ive tried many things all of which have failed. Since its a tethered jailbreak i run blackra1n as i would normally do but it would take longer then usual (around 5-10 minutes) stuck on the photo of geohot. Any assistance would be great this is making me frustrated...

and a quick question using the Restore feature on my iPhone would update it to 3.1.3?
    2010-03-23 07:26 PM
    If u got ur shsh stored on Cydia then ur in luck. Download firmware 3.1.2, conect ur phone to itune then hold shift button on ur keyboard and click restore.
    Ull then b asked to find file show it the download firmware and restore
    2010-03-23 07:36 PM
    how would i know if my shsh is stored on cydia?

ok so i got my shsh but i find it weird i couldt get my 3.1.2 shsh but i got a 3.1.3 shsh? would that work for me to restore back to 3.1.2 :S
    Last edited by rphh; 2010-03-24 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-24 02:34 AM
    Open Cydia. On the homepage it will say "shshs for this device stored". It will be there from when you went thru the JB/unlock process and you clicked "Make my life easier".

In order to take advantage of that and option-restore 3.1.2, you MUST modify your system's hosts file so that it fakes iTunes into checking if your phone is valid at Cydia instead of Apple. If you don't do this, it won't let you restore 3.1.2. Google on how to modify your hosts file.
    2010-03-24 02:36 AM
    oh ok i didnt press the make life easier button sadly in cydia... im guessing there are no other options?

im starting to think there is no real solution for this am i am tempted to do the Restore and Update on iTunes to 3.1.3 problem is my phone is currently locked on the network 3 and i use Optus... would there be any way to unlock the phone if it was updated to 3.1.3 firmware
    Last edited by rphh; 2010-03-24 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-24 04:54 AM
    the baseband for 3.1.3 can not be unlocked
    2010-03-24 05:31 AM
    Last edited by logicbomb; 2010-04-05 at 06:33 PM.
    2010-04-05 06:11 PM
    Hi,

I have a 3gs with new bootrom. After I ran blackra1n, geohot image appears for a while, then disappears. Then apparently, the phone turns off itself. And after I pressed the power button, it went back to recovery mode and blackra1n quits itself.

Is this the recovery loop? it seems the phone just shuts down after blackra1n. I would really appreciate any comments.
    2010-04-19 04:04 AM
    Hi,

I have a 3gs with new bootrom. After I ran blackra1n, geohot image appears for a while, then disappears. Then apparently, the phone turns off itself. And after I pressed the power button, it went back to recovery mode and blackra1n quits itself.

Is this the recovery loop? it seems the phone just shuts down after blackra1n. I would really appreciate any comments.

you have a tethered jailbreak which means every time you restart your phone you will have to hook it up to your computer and run blackra1n to boot the phone...
    2010-04-20 10:40 AM
    yes I know I have a tethered jailbreak, but no matter how many times I ran blackra1n, it's still in the recovery mode.
    It would turn itself off after a minute or so after clicking 'make it rain' and then when you power on again, it will be in recovery mode, every time.
    2010-04-21 12:56 AM
    I had the same problem on my Ipod Touch. Couldn't get around it so now it sits on 3.1.3
    2010-04-21 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD