My wife and I both have 3gs on ATT. Mine was JB and unlocked but hosed up during a network reset and forced to 3.1.3. My wife's phone is still on 3.1. So I'm wondering, can I switch SIM cards and JB her phone as if it was mine?? And she would have my phone with her number in it. I know there has to be a catch here. Seems there always is. Would itunes do a restore of contacts, etc.... correctly?

Thanks for any ideas
    2010-03-23 11:10 PM
    Do you have the old bootrom? If you do then you may be able to downgrade, maybe. Also since you are on ATT there was no need for the unlock.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-03-24 01:04 AM
    No, I have new bootrom. Snowbreeze wouldn't jailbreak. I just want the jailbreak options back.

I just switched sim cards and I'm replacing her stuff first in my phone. Music, contacts, apps... etc... Seems to be working so far. Although my son loading 10 pages of games that it is restoring on phone. But it's all good so far.
    Last edited by dklein; 2010-03-24 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-24 01:16 AM
    Warning it will restore your phone you are swapping out because it will want to add the information. Or do you both use the same exact account and contacts? Otherwise then you should just be able to jailbreak it. (Her old one)
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-03-24 02:00 AM
    It worked out fine switching phones. I was able to jailbreak hers and get configured to what I wanted and did the same for her using my phone.

BUT!

The first thing I did after jailbreaking and installing Cydia was hit the make my life easier button. this morning it said it has SHSH for 3.1.3..... Why is that? I'm running 3.1 w/ 05.11.07.
    2010-03-24 04:21 PM
    Because Cydia can only store the SHSHs for the version that is currently being signed.
    2010-03-24 06:16 PM
    Thanks dhamien but, that kinda sucks.
    2010-03-24 08:42 PM
    Yeah, it doesn't do you much good now. However, when a new firmware is released, you'll also automatically get the SHSHs for that version stored as well. There'll likely be a jailbreak for this version meaning from that time on, you'll always, no matter how many firmwares Apple push, be able to downgrade back to that version and jailbreak.

So nothing great now, but can very much come in handy some time in the future.
    2010-03-24 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD