Hi, I have an iPhone 3GS with 3.1.2 FW. I know there is no such thing like format, but I want to start from scratch with 3.1.2. How do I do that? I have 3.1.2 FW from here.
    Do I just update it through iTunes or do I have to do anything else?

Thanks in advance.
    2010-04-03 03:44 PM
    unless you have your shsh saved for earlier firware than 3.1.3, i don't believe you can start from a official applie 3.1.2. If you have old bootrom, you can use a custome firmware and basically start from a fresh JB and reinstall your apps. Google custom firmware, there are a lot out there already made for you. Shift click restore and select the custom ipsw, but only for old bootrom that has been JB before, I believe
    2010-04-03 04:17 PM
    I have shsh saved in cydia, it was jailbroken with blackra1n and to start with it was unlocked with blacksn0w and later officially unlocked by o2 uk.

I'm not sure which custom fw to use. According to this website There are two types of Custom Firmwares.
    ACTIVATED: This custom IPSW file is for users who want to unlock their iPhone which means they are NOT on Official Carrier only.
    NOT ACTIVATED: This custom IPSW file is for users who are on Official Carrier only.

My iP is from o2 uk and was officially unlocked by o2 uk and now is being used in t-mobile uk so which fw should I get?
    Last edited by zYxMa; 2010-04-03 at 05:15 PM.
    2010-04-03 04:37 PM
    I believe you want the activated. I'm in the states so I'm not too sure, but does the carrier that you are with sell iphones. If you had to unlock to use it with the carrier that you are with, then get the activated one.
    2010-04-03 06:04 PM
    t-mobile uk sells iphone unofficially to some customers.. and they don't support it.
    Does it mean I have to be logged on to official network to activate it? If so then yes probably activated is for me.
    2010-04-03 06:34 PM
    no, you don't have to be logged on to a specific network. The activated is definitely the one you need then
    2010-04-03 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD