I have an Iphone 3GS with 3.1.3 and 05.12.01, itunes 9.1
    I have read the posts and I realize there is no current Jailbreak available and I understand why they are waiting to release it. My question is What do I need to do to prepare for the Jailbreak. I read somewhere that I should get something on file on a server, a hash or file or something.

For someone completely new to jb'ing what do I need to do to ensure I will be able to jb once it's released?
    2010-04-03 06:58 PM
    you can use this guide to get your shsh's on file with cydia and on your personal computer before the next firmware comes out...other than that there is nothing else to "prepare" for http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html
    2010-04-03 07:21 PM
    Is there a non-tech version? I dont understand which parts of that I need to do, especially considering they talk about 3.0. Everywhere I look to install cydia it says you have to be Jailbroken to install.

That guide looks like it was made for something else entirely, and I was hoping to find something current. For someone who has never had any experience at all with jailbreaking, and uses current numbers and references.
    Last edited by Eldari; 2010-04-05 at 07:37 AM.
    2010-04-05 07:33 AM
    Which part of it that you don't understand?
    2010-04-05 09:13 AM
    I have an Iphone 3GS with 3.1.3 and 05.12.01, itunes 9.1
    I have read the posts and I realize there is no current Jailbreak available and I understand why they are waiting to release it. My question is What do I need to do to prepare for the Jailbreak. I read somewhere that I should get something on file on a server, a hash or file or something.

For someone completely new to jb'ing what do I need to do to ensure I will be able to jb once it's released?
    I was under the imression that blackr1n Jailbroke 3.1.3 but you were not able to unlock ? am i mistaken ????

If not just download blackra1n and click let it rain. but i would wait for someone else to confirm.
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button
    2010-04-05 11:27 AM
    Blackra1n can't jailbreak 3.1.3
    2010-04-05 06:43 PM
    I used usbview to find the ecid, I downloaded umbrella and input the ecid, selected iphone 3gs 3.1.3, and in the next box I can submit with apple or saurik, but when i try with localhost it says Could not get your ECID SHSH for that model/version: sorry.

Is it pulling a shsh from cydia or posting one to it, kind of confused. The guide makes it sound like its pulling from, but that doesnt make sense because I have never used cydia

Last edited by Eldari; 2010-04-05 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-05 07:46 PM
    What Cydia does with all requests is re-direct them to Apple. Then Apple sends back a response to Cydia. Cydia then re-directs that response back to you. If Cydia hasn't seen that response (SHSH) before, it stores it on its server.
    2010-04-05 08:16 PM
    I have never used or had the cydia application though, which is why I ask how I get them on file when I have never used the app and you have to be jailbroken to get the app
    2010-04-05 08:26 PM
    Because you used the Umbrella tool. It sent a request through Cydia.
    2010-04-05 08:58 PM
    You choose Cydia for the repository option. That tells Cydia's server to get the info from Apple and then Cydia stores that on their servers. If you use localhost option, Umbrella is trying to find the info from your computer which you don't have.(I think that's right )

I just chose the Cydia option and it worked just fine.

hope it helps,
    fr33k
    2010-04-05 09:14 PM
    Hi Guys, I have an Iphone 3GS previously jailbroken and unlocked with 3.1.2 firmware. I have no ideal how the guys unlock it with but the problem is that my daughter was watching some movie previews online and the battery might has gone out, now It got stuck at the connect to itunes screen and I am only able to make emegency call....can someone help?
    2010-04-05 09:26 PM
    you probably have the newer 3gs which has a tethered jailbreak...use redsn0w 0.9.2 and when it starts select the "just boot tethered" option and see if that gets you back in business...you will need a 3.1.2 firmware for use with redsn0w...you can get it from the download section of this forum....
    2010-04-06 10:21 AM
    Okay guys, I was able to get out of that recovery loop using redsn0w 0.9.4. However, i did not select the 'just boot tethered', i selected 'install cydia'; Now, WiFi connection is gone, , IMEI, ICCID, and Modem firmware are not displayed. Therefore i am not able to unlock the phone. Is it okay for me to run redsn0w 0.9.4 again and select 'just boot tethered' or should i use blackra1n and try to jailbreak it again. my is 3gs, 3.1.2(7D11), model MC136LL. Just advise guys, anything you guys provide is greatly appreciated.
    2010-04-07 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD