So from what I understand there is no 3.2 update for the iPhone, so therefore we will all have to wait several more months until the new iPhone is released to have a jailbreak/unlock for new bootrom 3GS'? Because I have had an iPaperweight for the past month, and have been anticipating 3.2 with high expectations, but now I don't know what to think. Should I just eBay my 32 gig iphone? Because I don't have any service on it at the moment (T-mobile) and my other phone is breaking. I just need some well educated opinions.

Thank you in advance!
    2010-04-03 10:51 PM
    idk why they would wait untill a new iphone is released.
    If the exploit is for 3.1.3 they might as well release it because i highly doubt that it will work on the new iphone which will have new hardware/software even if apple does not find out what the exploit is that they are using...
    2010-04-03 10:59 PM
    Yeah, seriously I don't know what they're waiting for. It doesn't make sense that they would rather have thousands of iPhone users stranded without a jailbreak for 2-3 months than have them happily using a jailbreak right now. But I guess they just don't want to spoil it because of the cool new features of 4.0? I don't even know anymore.
    2010-04-03 11:09 PM
    spoil what?
    there's nothing to spoil
    as far as i read there are no more baseband exploits.
    comex needs to release the userland jb b/c i highly doubt it will work on the new iphone...so what would be the point of waiting on the new iphone just to jailbreak 3.1.3.
    seriously
    2010-04-03 11:21 PM
    They just need to release it NOW! I'm so tired of waiting. And so you're saying that there is no possibility of unlocking either? Because that's really what I'm after. But, but jailbreak would be a big plus right now. Enough to make me want to keep my iphone until an unlock comes out.
    2010-04-03 11:24 PM
    I highly doubt there are thousands of users stranded without jailbreaks right now. Unless they bought their phones in the last month, and are users on here that is. The people that upgraded to 3.1.3 before jailbreaks/unlocks were announced are the only ones stranded. Which, if that is the case ... the action spoke for itself. This isn't the first time they have skipped a relatively small update to save a hole, and it won't be the last ( Not just for iDevices either ). There's a lesson to be learned here, I'm sure of it ...
    2010-04-03 11:26 PM
    It wasn't my fault that I'm stuck with 3.1.3 either. I bought my iphone off of craigslist saying that it was 3.1.2 but I got stuck with 3.1.3. And I've had mine since march 4th, it's been a while.
    2010-04-03 11:29 PM
    It wasn't my fault that I'm stuck with 3.1.3 either. I bought my iphone off of craigslist saying that it was 3.1.2 but I got stuck with 3.1.3. And I've had mine since march 4th, it's been a while.
    Like I said, bought your phone in the last month, 1 more day to go!

Probably should've checked the version # in the settings when you bought it. More than likely they sold it for that very reason. I know a few people that ended up selling after updating.

All-in-all though, I don't think we will be looking at all that long before we get an updated jailbreak. ( I hope *cough* tethered crap *cough* )
    2010-04-03 11:33 PM
    I just wish we actually had an actual ETA from someone that actually knows what they're doing. And you never know, Geohot could come out with one tonight. But that's probably unlikely, that's just how unpredictable it is. I'm just tired of waiting and it's really difficult to explain to my parents why I can't use my iPHONE as a phone yet. And I don't know if I will ever be able to.
    2010-04-03 11:37 PM
    there are 1000'S of ppl.
    thats why it SO big of a deal.
    and why would apple release 3.2 and then release a new iphone????
    i dont see it happening
    2010-04-04 10:02 AM
    Why wouldn't they release 3.2 and then a new iPhone? They release 3.2 to the iPhone community to keep release versions the same across the board for their mobile devices, even if it is only for a couple months. When the new iPhone comes out, everything gets bumped up to 4.0.
    2010-04-05 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD