Ok, ive been jailbroken sine oct on an iphone 3Gs. ever since the new 3.1.3 I have been paranoid to use itunes, even mobile itunes.

i know i have sh something or other saved on cydia but I remember seeing something about changing host file? I think i did, but how can i be sure?

I also remember changing some thing on itunes to prevent automatic upgrades.

Lastly, i saw something about using an older version of itunes. for now i uninstalled it. how do i install the safest version and set it up correctly so I can feel safe pluging in my phone?

If someone can clarify these things and give some instructions the this should be a sticky.

Thanks
    2010-04-04 08:54 AM
    Just make sure auto update is turned off on iTunes. It'll never update until you ask it to.
    2010-04-04 09:13 AM
    You went into SBsettings and turned off the Apple kill switch right!?!?!?
    Also place black tape over the camera lens to prevent Apple from spying on
    you!
    Furthermore, never use your iPhone in the same place twice, they may be triangulating your position.
    2010-04-04 09:48 AM
    Since I have a sense of humor and your post sounds like a response I would come up with, i'll give you the benefit of doubt that you were just being funny and not actually insulting me. so, roflmao!!!!! now don't do it again!
    2010-04-04 10:02 AM
    Yes my response was to be humorous.

Actually, I'm a little paranoid too. One of these days when regular users out number JB users enough and Apple sees enough $$$ in it, then things will get very difficult for us.
    2010-04-04 10:17 AM
    Dude I am extra careful too. Can't wait for 3.1.3 and beyond jb/ul
    2010-04-05 09:14 AM
    When I first got my phone and jailbroke I wouldn't even go on the app store before I checked here

I was jailbroke for about 2 months before I finally got the nerve to sync my phone !!'

of course once I spent some time here and got a little better understanding of the whole JB I no longer worry

don't worry floppy, everyone might laugh at us, but we're not stuck on 3.1.3 like a lot of people , are we
    2010-04-05 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD