User Tag List

I have a 3gs that is jailbroken. I used the carrier settings profile from peacefulinsanity so that I could have my visual voicemail and retain the ability to tether. It had the side effect of disabling mms for me, so I deleted the profile. Now if I try to send any text, it shows as sending but it isn't received by any of the recipients. I can still make phone calls and use safari, and have edge, 3g and wifi so it's not a lack of service. I tried syncing to restore the original AT&T profile but it didn't work. I don't want to restore because from what I understand there is no jailbreak for iPhone 3.1.3 (I currently have 3.1.2) and I hate having a non-jailbroken phone. Can anyone help get my SMS ability back? I don't care if I can no longer tether, I just dont want to lose my jailbreak. I also tried deleting the custom profile, and reset network settings as I thought maybe that would help the situation, but I still cannot send or receive text messages of any kind
    2010-04-06 07:29 PM
    I don't use MMS so I don't know much about this, but reading somewhere I remember there is a fix for your problem when using the custom profile for tethering internet.
    Anyways, couple way to get the SMS back.
    1. If your phone has old bootrom, google for custom firmware and restore your phone with it.
    2. If you have SHSH 3.1.2 saved on cydia, you can restore your phone with official fimrware 3.1.2 with iTunes, then jailbreak/unlock it again.
    good luck
    2010-04-07 12:43 AM
    How do I tell which bootrom I have? Also, my phone does say I have shsh saved for cydia (does it do this automatically now? Because I don't remember ver choosing the option to do so) but I don't know how to use that saved shsh to restore anything. Is there a guide somewhere that explains how?
    2010-04-07 01:17 AM
    Old or new bootrom? It's easy. Your phone is currently jailbroken correct?
    Then hold the power button couple second until you see the option power off, then power it off. Power it on again, if it reboots normally, then you have the old bootrom.
    Now if it has old bootrom, you can restore it with a custom firmware and restore it with the custom firmware.
    Regarding to the SHSH saved on Cydia, if you don't remember what version you save it, you can go ahead and try to restore with stock apple 3.1.2 (you must change host file and download the official firmware 3.1.2)
    If it has shsh 3.1.2 saved, then iTunes will restores the phone with 3.1.2
    If it does not have 3.1.2 saved, then iTunes will pop up error like wrong firmware or something like that.
    Instruction for downgrade the firmware: Downgrade iPhone Firmware 3.1 to 3.0
    Note that this instruction is for 3.1 to 3.0, steps are still the same as 3.1.3 to 3.1.2. The difference here is the official firmware you need to download is 3.1.2
    Good luck
    2010-04-07 01:29 AM
    I do have shsh saved for 3.1.2, but I don't know how to use that to restore to it. Would I have to go through a separate process? I've only ver jailbroken from official apple firmwares because I'm a bit rubbish with the advanced stuff. I guess I'll have to read more on it :/
    2010-04-07 05:24 AM
    2010-04-08 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD