just like the title states i got a 3g 16gb iphone that wont take a ipsw no matter what... i get multiple 1600 errors, ive also seen eroor's 2,6,9,1604, and a couple others...

problems started when the phone randomly started losing service and i would have to turn airplane mode on/off a couple times to get it to finaly get service again.. then it will work for 5-10 minutes then jump to only one bar then cut to searching, then no service...

the phone was unlocked on 3.1.2 with 5.11.07 on blackrain and custom ipsw for cydia and rock

so, i powered the phone off and waited 15 minutes and then took the screen off and pulled the board out of the phone to take a look at the contacts between the boards and body for the antenna... didnt notice anything out of the ordinary so i put the phone back together and i go to turn on and nothing, nothing at all.

so i hook up and it instantly comes up on itunes needing a restore.

but the phone wont take any ipsw... and i dont wanna update thru itunes because i need to unlock this phone for tmobile...

anyone got a way to do it... im on a mac..

(on side note, ive fixed many iphones before, but this one is the first for a problem for me)
    2010-04-07 02:10 AM
    You can always use a Custom Firmware, it wont update your baseband and you can easily unlock your iPhone.

As for the 1600 error, there can be many reasons for that. I recommend you uninstall iTunes completely and then reinstall and then try again.

here is a link on how to uninstall iTunes completely

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP
    iPhone 4
    Firmware : iOS4
    Carrier : Softbank (Japan)
    Jailbroken using Jailbreakme
    2010-04-07 05:19 AM
    I have tried softwares from 3.0 to 3.1.2 either stock or custom and not one will take.. And the phone is stuck in recovery mode because I can't power it down and get it into dfu mode
    2010-04-07 01:50 PM
    Anyone else got any ideas
    2010-04-10 02:55 PM
    anyone ..... anyone at all
    2010-04-19 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD