things got complicated as more people got involved
    2010-04-14 07:13 AM
    Dude try to get geohot to help lawlz
    2010-04-14 07:15 AM
    Yeah, let Egohot take all the credit, that's exactly what we need >.<
    2010-04-14 07:18 AM
    The one man in the iPhone scene I trust the most. I'm sure he would be on board. If not then I'm sure you have copies of the patches. Just release anyway.
    2010-04-14 07:18 AM
    I can only say that is the sweeping epicness of messed up
    2010-04-14 07:21 AM
    iH8 iH8sn0w
    2010-04-14 07:24 AM
    iH8 iH8sn0w
    Ditto
    2010-04-14 07:25 AM
    iH8 iH8sn0w
    iH8 iH8sn0w? I'm in!
    2010-04-14 07:26 AM
    ^ is that a trending topic right now
    2010-04-14 07:27 AM
    Lol count me in too!
    2010-04-14 07:28 AM
    Hash tag that ****, yo!
    2010-04-14 07:29 AM
    Like I said on my other post the drama with the scene is bordering pathetic. People claiming to be hackers but are sitting on exoits for months and hoping apple wouldnt patch it. They then go about bragging "nothing is unhackable". If they truly are hackers, crack it, let apple fix it, and face the next challenge.
    2010-04-14 07:33 AM
    This is just beyond pathetic now!!!
    2010-04-14 07:39 AM
    Like I said on my other post the drama with the scene is bordering pathetic. People claiming to be hackers but are sitting on exoits for months and hoping apple wouldnt patch it. They then go about bragging "nothing is unhackable". If they truly are hackers, crack it, let apple fix it, and face the next challenge.
    Why are you complaining? They do this in their spare time, if i could even think about pulling off stuff like this i would want to make it as easy as possible.
    Im not trying to start anything I'm just as disappointed as everyone else but i don't think its worth calling them out on it lol
    13" 2.9 GHz i7 MacBook Pro OSX Mountain Lion | 32gb iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 JB
    2010-04-14 07:40 AM
    I was just told that there's still a lot of work left to be done. By the end of the week should be pretty promising.
    2010-04-14 07:41 AM
    So I am assuming they are going to see what beta2 looks like?
    2010-04-14 07:43 AM
    I will say this, and I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but it is something I realized recently. Up until a few months ago I was with the crowd of "no one is entitled to a jailbreak, they do this on their own time, we shouldn't feel entitled to anything". Then I realized something. We are owed a jailbreak. If anything, we are owed one from Saurik. Pre-cydia store everything for jailbroken devices was free and all was good. At that point jailbreak was something nice to have, but definitely not something anyone was owed. Now though, Saurik has set up a system of acceping payments for jailbroken apps through the Cydia store. This in my mind changes everything. At this point, users have paid money for products, and are definitely entitled to support for those products. Now I can't put that burden on anyone in specific, but Saurik would be the most obvious for providing the means for paid apps. If there was no more jailbreak, then paying customers will lose support on the apps that they gave money for.

Just something to think about. Not saying my thoughts are the correct ones, but it is just something that hit me a few months ago. Now I don't expect Saruik to jailbreak the phones, but I do see a reason why people would feel a sense of entitlement when it comes to jailbreaks. Also not saying that I expect a jailbreak, but wanted to provide the alternate point of view.
    2010-04-14 07:48 AM
    Well at least Lost wasn't another cliffhanger tonight too.

wait...
    2010-04-14 07:57 AM
    Well at least Lost wasn't another cliffhanger tonight too.

wait...
    Man...that ******* smokey dragon better get explained by the end. Everything is coming together for the series finale.
    2010-04-14 08:02 AM
    I will say this, and I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but it is something I realized recently. Up until a few months ago I was with the crowd of "no one is entitled to a jailbreak, they do this on their own time, we shouldn't feel entitled to anything". Then I realized something. We are owed a jailbreak. If anything, we are owed one from Saurik. Pre-cydia store everything for jailbroken devices was free and all was good. At that point jailbreak was something nice to have, but definitely not something anyone was owed. Now though, Saurik has set up a system of acceping payments for jailbroken apps through the Cydia store. This in my mind changes everything. At this point, users have paid money for products, and are definitely entitled to support for those products. Now I can't put that burden on anyone in specific, but Saurik would be the most obvious for providing the means for paid apps. If there was no more jailbreak, then paying customers will lose support on the apps that they gave money for.

Just something to think about. Not saying my thoughts are the correct ones, but it is just something that hit me a few months ago. Now I don't expect Saruik to jailbreak the phones, but I do see a reason why people would feel a sense of entitlement when it comes to jailbreaks. Also not saying that I expect a jailbreak, but wanted to provide the alternate point of view.
    That's a good point the iPhone was more fun when everything was free, there wasn't an appstore yet and it was a closer jailbreak community. The appstore has its pos and neg too, its crazy to see how far the iphone has come. I had the same thoughts myself but then I took a couple programming classes lol If I had the talent like the app developers did I would be wanting some money for my work too. Especially in the condition of the economy lately. That's how I look at it.
    13" 2.9 GHz i7 MacBook Pro OSX Mountain Lion | 32gb iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 JB
    2010-04-14 08:05 AM
3,080 ... 41818990919293101141 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD