Man...that ******* smokey dragon better get explained by the end. Everything is coming together for the series finale.

No spoilers please Im watching it tonight..
    2010-04-14 08:06 AM
    That's a good point the iPhone was more fun when everything was free, there wasn't an appstore yet and it was a closer jailbreak community. The appstore has its pos and neg too, its crazy to see how far the iphone has come. I had the same thoughts myself but then I took a couple programming classes lol If I had the talent like the app developers did I would be wanting some money for my work too. Especially in the condition of the economy lately. That's how I look at it.
    I do agree, I'd rather have money for my work too. You also have to think, as a developer you want to make the absolute best product you can and wow your customers. Imagine how frustrating it is to know that your customers can't use your product, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to help them. That has to suck for the developers too.
    2010-04-14 08:13 AM
    No spoilers please : Im watching it tonight..
    haha no worries bro.
    2010-04-14 08:23 AM
    Yea good point, all I know is it's out of our hands lol I just remembered a question I had. If I were to get 4.0 on my phone and emailed some of the developers of some of the apps I had and told them I would be willing to test their apps on 4.0, what would be the chances of them actually letting me? I mean is it a realistic scenario? I'm not talking big apps like Twitter apps, foursquare, etc. I mean smaller time (if you will) apps like strikeout(umpire clicker) or dog whistle or simple sense... Ones of that type
    2010-04-14 08:25 AM
    Bored now, i mean incredibly bored my iphone is absolutely whack without a jb is anyone going to release a jb for 3.1.3 3gs or what this is getting tiring.
    2010-04-14 09:40 AM
    Moneybanks14 you have a 3gs with the new bootrom??
    2010-04-14 09:50 AM
    My iPhone just bricked and I can't fix it for the life of me. So close to having a JB too now im stuck with a shi**y whackberry.
    "99 luft balloons"

2010-04-14 10:32 AM
    Hey guys, don't lose faith in Stealth. We played this same game on 3.0 beta jailbreak. And Stealth came through on that one. Trust me, I know. I helped him test a lot of it, before release. He will get it done !!!!!
    2010-04-14 11:14 AM
    dude that is some fast download 396mb/s :S
    2010-04-14 11:16 AM
    dude that is some fast download 396mb/s :S
    hahah... thats the University of California at San Diego super computer for you... thing rapes at life
    2010-04-14 11:22 AM
    Maybe the cat/mouse game has gone on too long, and the mouse (iH8sn0w) is afraid to come out of his hole?

no crack for me
    Last edited by katmeef; 2010-04-14 at 11:35 AM.
    2010-04-14 11:32 AM
    aaaaaahhhhh, good morning MMi, whats up in the scene today i literally opened my eyes , grabbed my macbook pro , woke it from sleep mode and here i iz

I will say this, and I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but it is something I realized recently. Up until a few months ago I was with the crowd of "no one is entitled to a jailbreak, they do this on their own time, we shouldn't feel entitled to anything". Then I realized something. We are owed a jailbreak. If anything, we are owed one from Saurik. Pre-cydia store everything for jailbroken devices was free and all was good. At that point jailbreak was something nice to have, but definitely not something anyone was owed. Now though, Saurik has set up a system of acceping payments for jailbroken apps through the Cydia store. This in my mind changes everything. At this point, users have paid money for products, and are definitely entitled to support for those products. Now I can't put that burden on anyone in specific, but Saurik would be the most obvious for providing the means for paid apps. If there was no more jailbreak, then paying customers will lose support on the apps that they gave money for.

Just something to think about. Not saying my thoughts are the correct ones, but it is just something that hit me a few months ago. Now I don't expect Saruik to jailbreak the phones, but I do see a reason why people would feel a sense of entitlement when it comes to jailbreaks. Also not saying that I expect a jailbreak, but wanted to provide the alternate point of view.
    and although saurik set up the cydia store , its just a portal and ur actually paying the dev from the apps that made it, so if you want support for your mewseek, or whatever app u purchased, run to the developers for a jailbreak not sairik
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-04-14 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-14 12:01 PM
    whats up is no good.

someone asked yesterday but it wasn't answered; how does one go about resigning a modified IPSW?
    i mean, vfdecrypt with the key, modify files, re-encrypt how (vfencrypt?), and re-sign the bundle how?
    2010-04-14 12:02 PM
    He explained why on his twitter page. If the 58% success rate is true, I wouldn't want the FW anyway.
    2010-04-14 12:18 PM
    What a f*cking waste of 3 days and nights wathing this forum, paying for a Dev Spot, to be told last minute we've got it, it works on Windows but u can't have it.

@iH8sn0w explain please, why can u have it but all us who have been waiting can't, are u better than us?

I look forward to your ******** excuse.

The f*cking RAT/Mouse can't even explain to all of us why he won't release.
    Here are the reasons why he's not making it public:

Here is why I believe this jailbreak shouldn't be public:
    -------
    1: It cannot restore on a PC, only a Mac can. There is no way to make it run on a PC.
    2: Its very very buggy
    3: This is mean't for developers to test new api's.
    4: it has a 58% sucess restore rate.
    5: It would promote more piracy. Meaning users would illegally download the ipsw and bypass the UDID trap.

// iH8sn0w
    And...
    Cydia doesn't work well on 4.0. I don't know about Rock/Icy.
    I'm not saying I agree with his all reasons but I posted this because he still couldn't get it to run for windows users which means a lot of you wouldn't be able to use it anyway. Also a little more than half of the mac user are successful in getting it to restore.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
    2010-04-14 12:27 PM
    I'm not getting his explanation.

1: It cannot restore on a PC, only a Mac can. There is no way to make it run on a PC.
    2: Its very very buggy
    3: This is mean't for developers to test new api's.
    4: it has a 58% sucess restore rate.
    5: It would promote more piracy. Meaning users would illegally download the ipsw and bypass the UDID trap.

// iH8sn0w

1. it's a beta, we all know this. i'm personally ok with using a MAC. others who want it have found a way, be it bestbuy or going to a friends.
    2. I'm sure we would not want to use it if we cared.
    3. No releases of iPhone OS are 'meant' to be jailbroke by apple. So the validity of this point escapes me.
    4. is it even done?
    5. leave the UDID trap in and let those of us who want it donate to get our UDID listed. oh wait, we already have..
    2010-04-14 12:31 PM
    I am all for releasing it, but you should not be able to bypass the UDID. Only legitimately registered beta testers should have it, whether they are actually testers or just got added to a Dev's account. I say release it and let whoever uses it pay the consequences.
    2010-04-14 12:32 PM
    Ok, so I guess stealth needs to change the name of the thread...
    ...no jailbroken awesomeness (for us that is)
    2010-04-14 12:33 PM
    Yes dont hack the UDID

Its a beta we will all update anyway

Looks like this is not going to happen
    2010-04-14 12:34 PM
    /me feels as though I should have bought an Android device instead. I thought jailbreaking was all about using your device how you want it, now i think it's all about playing into the ego's of the elitist few who don't share the knowledge.
    2010-04-14 12:45 PM
3,080 ... 42829091929394102142 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD