Hey guys - I'm new to the game and have recently jailbroken my 3GS (3.1.2) with Blackra1n (untethered) on XP.

It worked an absolute dream until I got a little cocky and began installing copious amounts of random junk. After trying a number of things: (Blackra1n, redsn0w, iH8sn0w’s iREB booter etc.) to get out of this endless bootloop that I now find myself in – I am led to believe that my only option may be to upgrade to 3.1.3..?

I used USB View and determined that my BootRom is: [iBoot-359.3] which seems to be a good thing?

Now I just need to know: (1) – Is this my only option? (2) - What is “baseband”? (3) - Will this be a problem for me? And (4) MOST importantly – Should I upgrade and can I jailbreak 3.1.3?

I have spent countless hours (days) on forums and youtube researching this matter, I really don’t want to make a mistake that I may regret! I would greatly appreciate any “professional” input and I’m really unsure as to what I should do next!

Thanks..
    2010-04-09 09:08 AM
    It seems you have the old bootrom. Since that is the case, upgrading to 3.1.3 means you will still be able to jailbreak your device.
    2010-04-09 09:13 AM
    It seems you have the old bootrom. Since that is the case, upgrading to 3.1.3 means you will still be able to jailbreak your device.
    So I can just go ahead, restore to 3.1.3 and then jailbreak without a worry..?
    2010-04-09 11:27 AM
    How?

As far as I know there is no JB for 3.13on the 3GS, but I'm always willing to learn....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-04-09 12:19 PM
    you can rejailbreak just if you had clicked the button "Make my Life easier" in Cydia and stored your SHSH on Sauriks Server.
    With this option its possible to downgrade back to 3.1.2 to rejailbreak with blackra1n etc
    2010-04-09 12:36 PM
    Wrong and not true.

You can JB if you have your 3.1.2 SHSH's on file with Cydia. There is no correlation between bootrom and what he is looking to do. Bootrom is a tethering, yes or no item.

So I can just go ahead, restore to 3.1.3 and then jailbreak without a worry..?
    No. See my post.
    Last edited by CONVBMW; 2010-04-10 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-10 01:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD