I been having this problem long time ago, I searched everywhere and didn't see anyone have the same problem with a fix. The thing is whenever I download and install a third party app for my jailbroken iPhone 3g. There is no way I can uninstall it directly from my phone. But here is the confuse part. Of course I know about the X delete button but whenever I press on that X button....nothing happen, unresponsive, it's like the X button not even there. So I went to iTunes and tried to uninstall and it kept coming back. now whenever I want to uninstall an app I have to download the app, install to iTunes then delete the one one iPhone and iTunes at the same time. Really anoying, please someone help
    2010-04-11 07:35 PM
    Are these apps installed from cydia or the app store?
    2010-04-11 08:01 PM
    If you installed through cydia, delete them through cydia under packages
    2010-04-11 08:06 PM
    well these app are from app store, i tried to delete apps offically from app store, none of which the X delete button respond.

btw i heard about to OS 4.0 coming out, will i be able to upgrade to OS4 and keep my phone unlocked plus failbreak without delete all infos in my phone and must restore to upgrade to OS 4 ?

bump ! help please...
    Last edited by harrydao; 2010-04-18 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-14 12:55 AM
    can't help you with the illegal stuff but to answer your question about 4.0, yes you will lose all info when you update...sync with iTunes first before the update to get your stuff back...you will also lose your jailbreak and unlock
    2010-04-14 05:14 AM
    well let's say i didn't say the illegal word. what's wrong with official apps i downloaded on app store...none of them respond to uninstall
    2010-04-16 04:32 AM
    What model of phone and at what firmware and what jailbreak are you using? Also Windows or Mac puter?
    2010-04-16 05:01 AM
    well this happen sometime after I jail break it, I have the 3G iphone, using firmware 05.11.07 or 3.1.2 (7D11). i used blackra1n RC3 to jailbreak and blacksnow to unlock, all done on a PC XP. i have a feeling that some package on cydia did this but there is no way i know which one. i only follow instruction to installs recommended package on cydia.
    2010-04-17 09:33 PM
    well these app are from app store, i tried to delete both "illegal" and apps offically from app store, none of which the X delete button respond.
    You realize now that you said it, the police are going to track down your IP and pay you a visit.
    2010-04-17 11:38 PM
    When you installed the cheat file it replaces a system file and is not stable all of the time!

Restore and start over and do not put the cheat file back again and you should be alright!
    2010-04-18 12:09 AM
    You realize now that you said it, the police are going to track down your IP and pay you a visit.
    are u trying to scare me or help me ? there are manythings gogin on in this forum that are not legal at all. So try something new next time if u want me to say "oh sh*t". anyway i'll delete that portion, happy ?

When you installed the cheat file it replaces a system file and is not stable all of the time!

Restore and start over and do not put the cheat file back again and you should be alright!
    so by cheat file u mean Failbreak file or "app not from store" file ? because i think there are a lot of people who's phone are jailbroken and have apps like mine but do not have the same problem, btw i was thinking of restore a long time ago but all my stuff are in there, it's gonna be a whole day to put them all in again.
    Last edited by harrydao; 2010-04-18 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-18 08:58 PM
    When you install hacked apps, it must modify the mobile installation file with either Installd Patch or something else I can't recall at the moment (something like AppPatch or AppSync) on 3.x firmware. This occasionally screws up your iPhone. Sorry, looks like you need to restore Next time, don't pirate. Maybe if we show apple we are all good people who hold hands and sing Kum Ba Yah, maybe they'll stop patching jailbreak after jailbreak
    2010-04-19 03:00 AM
    are u trying to scare me or help me ? there are manythings gogin on in this forum that are not legal at all. So try something new next time if u want me to say "oh sh*t". anyway i'll delete that portion, happy ?

so by cheat file u mean Failbreak file or "app not from store" file ? because i think there are a lot of people who's phone are jailbroken and have apps like mine but do not have the same problem, btw i was thinking of restore a long time ago but all my stuff are in there, it's gonna be a whole day to put them all in again.
    Yes sir I understand that I am just trying to help you get your phone working!

I use PKGBackup which I purchased through Cydia! You can use it to backup all you jailbroken apps and then sync with itunes then make a backup in itune and then when you restore you can put back all that you had before restored, when you restore the file causing the problem will be replace and everything should work!

Reinstall from backup in itunes then go to Cydia download PKGBackup, which you will not be charged again for it, then do restore in PKGBackup, choose and tweak your themes and all should be ok!

I am not trying to Piss you off just help you!
    2010-04-19 04:04 AM
    Yes sir I understand that I am just trying to help you get your phone working!

I use PKGBackup which I purchased through Cydia! You can use it to backup all you jailbroken apps and then sync with itunes then make a backup in itune and then when you restore you can put back all that you had before restored, when you restore the file causing the problem will be replace and everything should work!

Reinstall from backup in itunes then go to Cydia download PKGBackup, which you will not be charged again for it, then do restore in PKGBackup, choose and tweak your themes and all should be ok!

I am not trying to Piss you off just help you!
    mb for misunderstanding area51....the first quote i was talking to another person..not you . anyway, if i can't install AppPatch how can i continue to install cracked app after restore ? thanks for replies
    2010-04-20 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD