User Tag List

I have an iphone 3g with firmware 3.1.3. I tried to jailbreak with all kinds of programs but Cydia doesnt appear on my springboard. I have windows XP.

First i stried Snowbreeze and it didnt work, then I downloaded WinSCP3 nd filezilla to pass files to my iphone(Cydia) but it asked for a host(ip address) but i dnt have a wifi connection nd can't connect it.

Then i tried redsnow 0.9.4 with firmware 3.1.2 because it doesnt take 3.1.3. After the whole process it still didnt appear.

Then i downloaded intallerApp(AppTapp) but itunes 9.1 doesnt let me open. It says than its either improperly installed or this version is not supported by installerApp.

After i tried iBrickr but it didnt detect my iphone. It said that iphone is not connected.

Last i tried donwloading Quickspwn from various sources and it alwasys showed an error.

Do i have to downgrade? and i do do i have to stay with that version or upgrade later. What do i do?? i tried everything!!!!
    HELP!!!!
    Last edited by brenda_chiva; 2010-04-11 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Forgot something
    2010-04-11 09:07 PM
    I have an iphone 3g with firmware 3.1.3. I tried to jailbreak with all kinds of programs but Cydia doesnt appear on my springboard. I have windows XP.

First i stried Snowbreeze and it didnt work, then I downloaded WinSCP3 nd filezilla to pass files to my iphone(Cydia) but it asked for a host(ip address) but i dnt have a wifi connection nd can't connect it.

Then i tried redsnow 0.9.4 with firmware 3.1.2 because it doesnt take 3.1.3. After the whole process it still didnt appear.

Then i downloaded intallerApp(AppTapp) but itunes 9.1 doesnt let me open. It says than its either improperly installed or this version is not supported by installerApp.

After i tried iBrickr but it didnt detect my iphone. It said that iphone is not connected.

Last i tried donwloading Quickspwn from various sources and it alwasys showed an error.

Do i have to downgrade? and i do do i have to stay with that version or upgrade later. What do i do?? i tried everything!!!!
    HELP!!!!
    Use iTunes to restore your phone with Apple firmware 3.1.3, then use Redsnow 0.9.2 to jailbreak your phone (note that you need to point Redsnow to Apple firmware 3.1.2). That should works.
    good luck
    2010-04-12 05:36 AM
    =( I tried it but nothing happend...
    2010-04-12 07:21 PM
    You tried what? You need to be way more specific.
    2010-04-12 09:20 PM
    I tried to install Cydia with Rednow 0.9.2 but nothing happed
    2010-04-12 11:19 PM
    I tried to install Cydia with Rednow 0.9.2 but nothing happed
    Were you able to use iTunes to restore the phone with Apple firmware 3.1.3? If so, there is no reason for not able to use Redsnow 0.9.2 to jailbreak your 3G
    2010-04-12 11:24 PM
    Yes I restored my iPhone with firmware 3.1.3 but no Cydia!
    2010-04-12 11:55 PM
    Yes I restored my iPhone with firmware 3.1.3 but no Cydia!
    Then use Redsnow 0.9.2 to jaiblreak your 3G. If you follow up the instruction correctly, you should get your phone jaibroken.
    i don't know what else I can help you here.
    good luck
    2010-04-12 11:58 PM
    check to see if it's on the next springboard page. that's where it installs to./
    2010-04-13 12:04 AM
    There's no Cydia, I tried with Redsnow 0.9.4 and 0.9.2 several times
    2010-04-13 12:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD