Hey I have two quick questions. First I just bought an Iphone 3GS 32GB off someone. They reset it themselves and it already has Cydia on it so I assume it is obviously jailbroken. It is running 3.1.2 and 05.11.07 FW. I need to unlock it so I can use it for TMobile. What would be my next step. Can I just go on Cydia and unlock it or is that not an option anymore?

Secondly... since it is on 3.1.2 does that mean that the jailbreak he did would have to be done again if I restart the phone? Is it a tethered jailbreak most likely or can I restart and turn off the phone with no worries? Thank you!!!
    2010-04-13 11:27 PM
    use blacksn0w rc2 to unlock it...if u restart the phone and it goes to the connect to iTunes screen then it is a tethered jailbreak and the jailbreak software will have to be run everytime you restart
    2010-04-14 03:48 AM
    I unlocked it... restarted it and it didn't make me unlock it again and it still works. I have another problem now though.

am trying to add all my stuff from Itunes on there but when I plug it into Itunes it says this:

"iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPhone "iPhone". Go to the Summary tab in Iphone preferences and click Restore to restore this Iphone to factory settings."

Am I really going to have to jailbreak and unlock this thing again or is there something I can do without having to do that? Any ideas?
    2010-04-14 04:17 AM
    not sure why it won't sync but DO NOT FACTORY RESTORE THROUGH ITUNES...maybe someone that know what the problem is will chime in
    2010-04-14 04:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD