I've been jailbreaking for some friends and have been asked questions I can't find answers to.

Is there an easy way to change text notification sound? I know how to do it through SSH and renaming, but an app would be nice.

Is there a way to add a sound for when an app is pressed on the home screen? My friends thinks the bajillion sounds his phone already makes isn't enough. :-\

Can the boot image be changed after jailbroken software installed? I don't want to have to restore just for this.

Thanks everyone!!!
    2010-04-21 03:33 PM
    There are apps in Cydia that will change your SMS tone without having to ssh. ToneFXs seems like it will do the job but isn't free.
    2010-04-21 05:41 PM
    I've been jailbreaking for some friends and have been asked questions I can't find answers to.

Is there an easy way to change text notification sound? I know how to do it through SSH and renaming, but an app would be nice.

Is there a way to add a sound for when an app is pressed on the home screen? My friends thinks the bajillion sounds his phone already makes isn't enough. :-

Can the boot image be changed after jailbroken software installed? I don't want to have to restore just for this.

Thanks everyone!!!

Yes there are many apps on cydia that could do this for you, and just a file on cydia that can do it I don't know exact names.
    Tell him this if he wants more than you can give him tell him to do it him self.
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

2010-04-21 06:42 PM
    Custom boot images can be added with redsn0w. If it's currently jailbroken make sure to check "already pwned" uncheck install cydia if it's already on the device. If you need more info it's here somewhere.
    2010-04-21 06:54 PM

Tell him this if he wants more than you can give him tell him to do it him self.

Haha, my friends all know I'm not that type. I'm always willing to help them out with Tech stuff. Even if I get annoyed sometimes.

And thanks davesnothere11, I'l check out redsn0w!
    2010-04-21 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD