Dude you need to wiki search geohot before asking some stupid question like that. He's been pivotal in almost every single iPhone jailbreak and unlock since August of 2007.
    2010-04-22 04:20 PM
    Metallica was also one of the most known bands among the rock world but with their black album, they became worldwide known band... Thats what i am trying to say... My purpose wasnt to humiliate him! How can i? İ was one of happy auidence with his blackra1n for months...
    2010-04-22 04:34 PM
    I would like you to notice something look at every fake jailbreak tool notice how they all say untethered, in order to get an untethered you need to find a iBoot exploit which, can only be found if you know what your looking for exactly, Have a team of skilled dev's and or your Geohot.

Maybe if one said tethered it would be a little more believable then you see the video and laugh at how stupid they are.
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

2010-04-22 04:54 PM
    Any body checked this?

Thunderst0rm
    read this real blog and it says:

""http://www.thunderst0rm.de.tc/" and "http://twitter.com/thunderst0rm" is not official! only this blog is our official side.
    "

dont go to the site you linked
    2010-04-22 07:48 PM
    ThunderSt0rm is fake.
    If you still want to try it at best you will be Rick Rolled, at worst you will end up with a trojan.
    The only thing I know for certain is that it is fake.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-04-22 07:54 PM
    Someone posted a vid on utuBE today saying they have a leaked final version.
    They provided a link in the description and people in the comments said it worked on their 3gs.
    Can someone try this ? Im at work and on my iphone.

What i did was searched utube for thunderst0rm 3.1.3 and the video was 5 seconds long.

Thanks.
    2010-04-22 07:59 PM
    Dude some guy just tried to run the beta on youtube I...didn't work this is a Fake!!
    ** I don't hate myself anymore I have a JB iphone
    2010-04-22 08:12 PM
    Why do people insist on trying these things when they have already been exposed as fakes?
    It is very easy to prove if something is real - if someone can then everyone will know about it. There are so many fake 'jaibreaks', I just don't understand why people even think these could be real?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-04-22 09:28 PM
    Confucious.. I'm going to tell you the same thing you told me a week ago when I was on my rant. Just stop.. let it go.. take a breath.. and realize no matter how hard you try that people will always fall for these scams time after time Peace brotha!
    2010-04-22 09:32 PM
    Thanks Poseidon - I needed that
    2010-04-22 09:36 PM
    Yep, breathe and we will see them post in a few days after they have to reinstall windows and everything.

MMi post the real stuff on the front page of the site.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]
    2010-04-23 12:42 AM
    I am excited! Tomorrow is the big day!! Woohoo!!
    2010-04-23 01:12 AM
    Any body checked this?

Thunderst0rm
    "http://www.thunderst0rm.de.tc/" and "http://twitter.com/thunderst0rm" is not official! only this blog is our official side.

posted at thunderst0rm

I wouldn't get your hopes up, it's got all the hallmarks of a fake.
    Their video is poor (doesn't keep the iphone in shot throughout), their beta releases are nothing more than GUIs and their site is set up more or less the same as a previous fake jailbreak called 'Bluest0rm'.
    Have you been through the source code that provided with the promotional beta???
    I've added a small section that shows the message that is displayed when you click the unleash button, but all the rest of the code is also there.
    If you can explain this to us and check the rest of the code to prove that it is nothing more than a fake then please enlighten us.

Here's another snippet of the code which i have seen in alot of .strings files that appear on the iPhone

There is pages of code in the project files but i dont understand it so no point pasting loads of random code, i was just pointing out that the code is available for viewing so that if someone understands it they could possibly confirm if its a load of rubbish!!

Dont get me wrong, this could be a clone of blackra1n for all i know! The same type of coding is used in both.
    If i knew enough about the language to try and edit i would, which i kind of hoped the other devs might have done to disprove the JB.

Has anyone heard from the other dev's with a reasonable explanation as to why this is a fake?

I would like you to notice something look at every fake jailbreak tool notice how they all say untethered, in order to get an untethered you need to find a iBoot exploit which, can only be found if you know what your looking for exactly, Have a team of skilled dev's and or your Geohot.

Maybe if one said tethered it would be a little more believable then you see the video and laugh at how stupid they are.
    When all the current jailbreaks from the likes of geohot are untethered, why would this one be different??

Why do people insist on trying these things when they have already been exposed as fakes?
    It is very easy to prove if something is real - if someone can then everyone will know about it. There are so many fake 'jaibreaks', I just don't understand why people even think these could be real?
    Who has exposed this as a fake???? I have checked all the dev's sites and there tweets and not one has confirmed (with any evidence) that this is a fake.

All i have seen is n00bs on youtube saying thunderst0rm is fake look, when i click this button it does nothing..
    Clearly the message that pops up saying "Release? When its done!" doesnt register with people that its not finished yet...

In a previous post on their blog stated they had destroyed 2 iphones so want to get the final version ready before releasing, why would they then release a beta that would potentially destroy devices, and if they were out for noteriaty as previously mentioned surely destroying multiple thousands of devices would be better than a trojan infecting machines without decent virus and firewall software.

Here is a screenshot of the promotional beta link posted on the blog "Promotional" meaning promoting there application "maybe they should not have used the word beta and used demo instead.
    The Applcation merely brings up this message box with a message to everyone that has been calling it fake.

I am in no way saying that this is the real deal as i do not have a clue until i've tested it but i am stating for the record that unless someone provides evidence that its fake then we should just wait and see.

and musclenerd saying the following does not count as evidence..
    "@CSV_01 and before you ask, I don't think the "$160K in donations so far" mc-apple "team" is male teenager, I think he's just loony
    1:01 AM Apr 14th via web in reply to CSV_01
    @CSV_01 it's just typical male teenager "jailbreak team" silliness
    12:58 AM Apr 14th via web in reply to CSV_01
    @CSV_01 I've commented enough on his earlier posts It's 100% "swiss power!" fake Now he just seems to want everyone to know his bday
    12:57 AM Apr 14th via web in reply to CSV_01"
    I'll certainly give it a go and see if it infact does anything! If it all goes tits up it will still be as uselss as it currently is on 3.1.3, lol!!

Am off to bed now i've had my rant, and hopefully will have a nice JB iPhone by tomorrow, heres hoping.....
    2010-04-23 01:22 AM
    Just a little hint to you. Confucious knows what the dev teams blog and forum and tweets say because he works close with them. I would take confucious word. Also the dev teams and Geohotz don't care to take the time out to disprove every single fake that pops out. They can tell by a few key things within the vids posted and they probably looked at the code you keep talking about to. But why should they give them a mention in their websites if they are fake.

Now he just seems to want everyone to know his bday
    Lol, what a sad person to create all this just to hype his bday.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-04-23 at 01:39 AM.
    2010-04-23 01:30 AM
    I check their tweets every single day and have notifications if any of the devs make posts and have not seen anything.

If the devs have checked the software in thunderst0rm why would they not want to expose them?
    If somebody was trying to piggyback on my work and it was totally crap I would certainly pipe up and le people know not to use it.

Like I said I cannot confirm if this is real or not but until one of the devs comes out and states that they have checked the software and/or code and is bogus we have no reason to believe it's fake.

I'm not being funny but I could turn around and say that geohot is fake and steals others jb's and passes them off as his own, (not that I am btw, just an example) what would people say??? They would say prove it.

Until someone proves this is fake I think people should stop calling it fake, and if the devs know it's fake and it could possibly cause damage to anyones device I think they are totally unfair for not releasing that info.

Time will tell and this time tomorrow I will either have a jb 3gs or my son will have a new toy to play with...
    2010-04-23 01:56 AM
    Let's all find out tomorrow! Thanks!
    2010-04-23 02:33 AM
    But Geohotz has a long history and massive background in the Jailbreak community. Just check his wiki and you can see. This person has no credibility and no history.
    2010-04-23 04:01 AM
    I bet its REAL..!
    Why you may ask..!?

Because its my luck..!!
    Both of my iPhones are out of commission at the moment..lol
    Getting a replacement from Apple & the others LCD borked out waiting for a new one to arrive..
    2010-04-23 04:04 AM
    We'll see.
    Tommorow. Come back in 24hrs and we will discuss
    2010-04-23 04:06 AM
    Discuss how pointless these threads become?

I have created an untethered bootini for the newer model 3GS and will release it June 19th. It is called Yellow Sunshine. Look for it.
    2010-04-23 04:15 AM
125 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD