I'm looking at my first Iphone, I've been an Ipod Touch user for about 2 years now. I don't think I can live without a 32gb drive available. My question is...which Iphone will give me 32gb and still let me run all my goodies I've accumulated over time. Also, unlocking....this is new to this 'pod user. Why do I want to do this and what versions will allow it? What services are usable with an unlocked phone? Does it make a difference really?

Thanks.
    2010-04-22 07:00 AM
    If you must have 32gb then it's a 3GS or wait for the new one.

Unlocking is to use a mobile service provider other than AT&T
    2010-04-22 07:50 AM
    What networks are compatible with an unlocked Iphone? If my choices are ATT and Verizon...I hear ATT provides the better service.

If I only have 2 choices for service and really only one is good...then the only question I have left is JBing. Which versions can be JB'd and which ones can't? Remember, I'm still looking for 32gb.
    2010-04-22 06:42 PM
    You can get the 32gb 3gs if you care about your drive that much or wait for 4G which is expected to come out in the summer.

An unlock allows you to use any carrier that uses a simcard for instance you unlock your phone and you can use your t-mobile sim card for your iPhone and it will be a t-mobile iPhone xD nothing to worry about if your with at&t

I suggest going with at&t if you already aren't great service.
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

2010-04-22 06:47 PM
    Yeah, meant Tmobile, not Verizon. I don't have ANY service right now. I just moved here from JP. So now I need to know which cellular hardware can be jailbroken and which one can't. Then I have to somehow get that model from ATT or other.
    2010-04-22 06:52 PM
    The 3GS new will come with 3.13 which can't be JB yet.
    T-Mobile in the USA do not have a 3G service compatible with the iPhone.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-04-22 07:44 PM
    Can it be downgraded the JB'd? I hate to lose my "install" program and all my GPS software etal.
    2010-04-22 07:46 PM
    What programs? If you don't have an iPhone how do you have iPhone programs?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-04-22 07:51 PM
    I have an Ipod touch. I didn't want to break TOS here, but "intalous-" is a biggie I'd miss. Other JB apps I run are the usual SB settings etc, Xgps, GPSserial, vwallpaper, etc.
    2010-04-22 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD