I've searched pretty extensively for a solution to my problem, but I seem to be in a somewhat unique spot. Forgive the mundane details included, but I don't want to skip any information that seems irrelevant but may be significant for someone more knowledgeable than I am.

Recently, the digitizer and LCD on my iPhone 3GS were destroyed. I purchased new parts online, but in the time between their order and arrival, I moved my 3GS sim card to my old iPhone 2G so I would have a functioning phone for the week or so before I'd be able to repair the 3GS. I was able to jail break the 2G and all was well.

The parts arrived for the 3GS, I replaced them with no issues. I moved the sim card back to the 3GS from the 2G, booted up the 3GS, but I could not get a cellular signal. I then restored the 3GS and updated the firmware, since at the time I was unaware of the many issues now apparent with 3.1.3, and I have no real need for a jailbroken 3GS. Please don't judge me.

After restoring to 3.1.3, my 3GS will only display the message: "No SIM card installed. Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone."

At this point, I am stuck. I thought it may be a problem with the SIM card itself, but I took the iPhone to an AT&T store, where they said it must be a problem with the phone. I inserted other iPhone SIM cards. I attempted to restore again, but this had no effect. I also tried jail breaking, but I have run into the infamous 3.1.3 3GS issue.

Put more briefly: Is this a problem with the SIM card that was used while jailbreaking an iPhone 2G? Is this possibly a hardware issue? Is there any way I can resurrect my 3GS without jailbreaking?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if anything is unclear, or there is more information that would be helpful.

Thanks.
    2010-04-24 10:18 PM
    I've searched pretty extensively for a solution to my problem, but I seem to be in a somewhat unique spot. Forgive the mundane details included, but I don't want to skip any information that seems irrelevant but may be significant for someone more knowledgeable than I am.

Recently, the digitizer and LCD on my iPhone 3GS were destroyed. I purchased new parts online, but in the time between their order and arrival, I moved my 3GS sim card to my old iPhone 2G so I would have a functioning phone for the week or so before I'd be able to repair the 3GS. I was able to jail break the 2G and all was well.

The parts arrived for the 3GS, I replaced them with no issues. I moved the sim card back to the 3GS from the 2G, booted up the 3GS, but I could not get a cellular signal. I then restored the 3GS and updated the firmware, since at the time I was unaware of the many issues now apparent with 3.1.3, and I have no real need for a jailbroken 3GS. Please don't judge me.

After restoring to 3.1.3, my 3GS will only display the message: "No SIM card installed. Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone."

At this point, I am stuck. I thought it may be a problem with the SIM card itself, but I took the iPhone to an AT&T store, where they said it must be a problem with the phone. I inserted other iPhone SIM cards. I attempted to restore again, but this had no effect. I also tried jail breaking, but I have run into the infamous 3.1.3 3GS issue.

Put more briefly: Is this a problem with the SIM card that was used while jailbreaking an iPhone 2G? Is this possibly a hardware issue? Is there any way I can resurrect my 3GS without jailbreaking?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if anything is unclear, or there is more information that would be helpful.

Thanks.
    Is the phone still at emergency dialing screen? If so, it must be activated. Plug your AT&T in the 3GS, then plug it in iTunes and let it activate the phone.
    After you restore the phone, it needs to be activated to use it, same for brand new one when you just get.
    good luck
    2010-04-25 06:53 AM
    I'm recieving the same message. but i'm trying to unlock a t-moble iphone and i tried to down grade the phone ver. to 4.0.1 when t happend.
    any suggestions?
    2010-08-29 05:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD