hi guys.. i have my friend's dead iphone 3g.. whatever i do, it won't turn on so im really not sure what firmware it is on. i tried to put it on recovery mode and itunes detects it but the "connect to itunes" screen won't come out.. so it looks as though that its on DFU mode.

i tried restoring it but it ends up with an "error 1015". (i tried firmwares 3.0 and 3.1.2 and both ended up the same). can anyone help me please? sorry guys im not really good at this..
    2010-04-25 09:52 PM
    hi guys.. i have my friend's dead iphone 3g.. whatever i do, it won't turn on so im really not sure what firmware it is on. i tried to put it on recovery mode and itunes detects it but the "connect to itunes" screen won't come out.. so it looks as though that its on DFU mode.

i tried restoring it but it ends up with an "error 1015". (i tried firmwares 3.0 and 3.1.2 and both ended up the same). can anyone help me please? sorry guys im not really good at this..
    If you get 1015, then likely the phone has 3.1.3.
    If its' in DFU mode, u can try by holding home and power button at same time to get of DFU mode. If you can, only option left is to restore it with 3.1.3. Note that with 3.1.3, you can't unlock it.
    good luck
    2010-04-26 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD