Sweet doing it now my phone is at stage were it shows the complete bar under the apple symbol does this mean success?

Also I have to restore it twice correct? after the first re do it for it to click?
    If you're coming from 3.1.2 going to a fresh 3.1.2, I believe you just have to do it once. Also, you won't run into the 1015 error.
    2010-04-27 09:38 PM
    I have it done and jailbroken now I have no service it shows in general I have no carrier.
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

2010-04-27 09:41 PM
    From which firmware did you come? Did you get stuck in recovery mode after boot and if you did, what program did you use to get out of it?
    2010-04-27 10:14 PM
    I came from 3.1.3 No I didnt get stuck I got the two 1015 errors like I should and jailbroke it with blackra1n and now I have cydia but i have no service

Should I use pwange tool to activate it?

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

2010-04-27 10:22 PM
    I came from 3.1.3 No I didnt get stuck I got the two 1015 errors like I should and jailbroke it with blackra1n and now I have cydia but i have no service

Should I use pwange tool to activate it?
    No, it was my bad. Not sure why but I thought you were just going from 3.1.2 to a fresh 3.1.2

You'll need to redo the restore. This time, after the restore when you get stuck on the recovery screen, you need to use quickpwn 2.2 to boot.

The reason you don't get service is because blackra1n hactivates the device and a hactivated device must be unlocked. As you have a baseband that isn't unlockable, you'll need to boot without hactivating.

Once you've booted, let iTunes activate the phone normally. Make sure you have service and then you can jailbreak.
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-04-27 at 10:34 PM.
    2010-04-27 10:32 PM
    Ok thanks alot thats it so just use quickpwn 2.2 after I restore and get stuck in restore screen

Gonna do this now if this works I shall thank you forever :P

2010-04-27 10:42 PM
    Ok thanks alot thats it so just use quickpwn 2.2 after I restore and get stuck in restore screen

Gonna do this now if this works I shall thank you forever :P
    Correct. Report back on how it works out.
    2010-04-27 10:49 PM
    How my face brigthned I looked at it and just saw the message Phone activated Im using blackra1n but I dont see the icon on my phone. When I shut my phone off its tethered Cause I need to run blackra1n again but I dont see the icon so its like its on there but not there.

2010-04-27 10:55 PM
    Don't know why it's not working, I haven't really used it before, though you can use redsn0w 0.9.2 to jailbreak instead. I know for sure that works.

Just be sure to answer 'yes' when it asks whether you have the new bootrom or not.

I know all of this seems like a lot of hassle, just know that once you're jailbroken, you're going to be happy you did it
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-04-27 at 11:00 PM.
    2010-04-27 10:58 PM
    I got it I used redsn0w for cydia and blackra1n to boot it up

Just to feel all the happyness inside of me right now is wow I thought I would be jb again for a while

2010-04-27 11:02 PM
    I got it I used redsn0w for cydia and blackra1n to boot it up

Just to feel all the happyness inside of me right now is wow I thought I would be jb again for a while
    Good to hear
    2010-04-27 11:04 PM
    Thanks so much for everything I don't think I would of actually been able to do this all without you

2010-04-27 11:11 PM
    On the subject of SHSH, is there anyway to verify if you have sent it to Saurik before trying to downgrade form 3.1.3 to 3.1.2?
    2010-04-28 12:03 PM
    When you have cydia or if you did on 3.1.2 if you pressed the make my life easier button it sends your shsh well makes them on sauriks server
    2010-04-28 01:30 PM
    On the subject of SHSH, is there anyway to verify if you have sent it to Saurik before trying to downgrade form 3.1.3 to 3.1.2?
    There is a way, though the easiest is just editing the hosts file and then trying to downgrade.

If you want to check for yourself however, use the Firmware Umbrella. The program is pretty selfexplanatory once you run it. You'll need to find your ECID and you can search on these forums or google on how to find that.
    2010-04-28 05:18 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD