1. drWidowmaker53's Avatar
    No I think Sharp2G was saying that when spirit comes out is will more than likely be patched quickly so you will want to back your shsh up. That way you can downgrade and then jailbreak again...
    Last edited by drWidowmaker53; 2010-04-30 at 05:03 PM.
    2010-04-30 04:59 PM
  2. z3r01's Avatar
    thats just what i said.......
    2010-04-30 05:00 PM
  3. ibfr33k's Avatar
    My conclusion(it's not worth anything but here I go) is people understand why he is waiting on the release. They understand that if it was released when the 3G ipad is that there is a possibility of a patch before the majority gets to back up their SHSH's.
    The reason why people are upset is that comex did mention on his twitter a date of Friday. If most devs of the jailbreaks usually release when they say, why change their minds now? Comex wasn't the only one that changed their minds on the releasing of a jailbreak. On more than one occasion did the date get changed.
    The one thing that did get mentioned is that someone said that comex is pretty new to the jailbreaking scene and he really didn't know to not set a specific date. There's always a possibility of missing that date whether slight bugs in the GUI or apple pushing back the date a bit, etc.

    The main question probably is:
    If you set a time and your a reputable dev/hacker/jailbreaker, why not follow it. Especially if it was always followed in the past with past jailbreaks.
    2010-04-30 05:15 PM
  4. Loner93's Avatar
    Bro they are doing this as a favor to all the people wo probally are going to just use a JB to steal free stuff. Its free...so just wait chill and enjoy the weekend
    ** I don't hate myself anymore I have a JB iphone
    2010-04-30 05:16 PM
  5. z3r01's Avatar
    Ultimate warrior!!!!!
    2010-04-30 05:17 PM
  6. dhamien's Avatar
    My conclusion(it's not worth anything but here I go) is people understand why he is waiting on the release. They understand that if it was released when the 3G ipad is that there is a possibility of a patch before the majority gets to back up their SHSH's.
    The reason why people are upset is that comex did mention on his twitter a date of Friday. If most devs of the jailbreaks usually release when they say, why change their minds now? Comex wasn't the only one that changed their minds on the releasing of a jailbreak. On more than one occasion did the date get changed.
    The one thing that did get mentioned is that someone said that comex is pretty new to the jailbreaking scene and he really didn't know to not set a specific date. There's always a possibility of missing that date whether slight bugs in the GUI or apple pushing back the date a bit, etc.

    The main question probably is:
    If you set a time and your a reputable dev/hacker/jailbreaker, why not follow it. Especially if it was always followed in the past with past jailbreaks.
    It's not that hard to understand. New information was brought to the table so it was postponed ... for a few days ... I really do not understand what the big deal is. It's a few ******* days.

    There has been no definite date set before for this jailbreak so I don't know where you get your info from. The only thing that was said was by p0sixninja and he said that there was a 99% chance of a jailbreak in April. Well, that 1% chance just pushed the date ... for a few days ...

    I'm baffled by the responses on these boards. I used to think the dev team was overreacting when they were so determined on never setting a release date for any jailbreak but now I understand.

    Another thing, this jailbreak doesn't even unlock, so what are people so desperate for? Can you really not live without your custom wallpaper for a few days? Or is it really because you can't wait to use all those cracked apps you've been downloading?
    2010-04-30 05:27 PM
  7. ibfr33k's Avatar
    It's no big deal for me. my phone has never been jailbroken so I'm not missing out on anything. I'm just saying that I understand why he or they did delay. If people would read the post they will see that. I'm just saying things can and probably would come up so a date should of never been mentioned. He even realized that and removed it from his twitter.

    As to repeating yourselves saying that they do it for free, I think most all people on these forums knows that. There are a few that are getting mad over it. There's no reason for that. I'm not one of them. Your first sentence was also answered in my post. The one where I said i understood and also give a reason. I guess that couldn't of been read either. Should of used bold or some purdy color

    Everyone, please read ALL of my post more carefully before you try and start bashing me for something that I didn't even say.


    Thanks

    Another thing, this jailbreak doesn't even unlock, so what are people so desperate for? Can you really not live without your custom wallpaper for a few days? Or is it really because you can't wait to use all those cracked apps you've been downloading?
    I kind of thought the same thing.
    Last edited by ibfr33k; 2010-04-30 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-30 05:53 PM
  8. Loner93's Avatar
    D-Man don't let them get to you bro you are cool hand luke but I agree though
    ** I don't hate myself anymore I have a JB iphone
    2010-04-30 07:06 PM
  9. luckybob99's Avatar
    Oh no now I know I'm getting old

    you are cool hand luke but I agree though
    What does that mean ????
    2010-04-30 08:39 PM
  10. MrTubergate's Avatar
    How important is my IBSS if I have my ECID and I'm currently running 3.1.3 3Gs? I did the save to be safe in the future if I upgrade to 4.0 or such, my phone had never been jailbroken yet.
    2010-04-30 08:42 PM
  11. ibfr33k's Avatar
    +1 for that question also.

    I know they mentioned to make sure to back up our SHSH blobs but no one mentioned the iBSS or iBEC. Do they need backed up also? I've read that the Dev-Team gave instructions and said that it was necessary to do so before you use the 3.1 jailbreak.
    Last edited by ibfr33k; 2010-04-30 at 10:09 PM.
    2010-04-30 10:06 PM
  12. Takeiteasy911's Avatar
    To all the people how keep asking... CHILL OUT AND WAIT.

    I had a post the other day about my 3gs that has a bad screen and a gps that doesn't work. once spirt is released will i be able to go get a new phone from the apple store and be able to JB it?? i would not want a iphone that is not jailbroken!!
    2010-04-30 10:44 PM
  13. CaptainSlow's Avatar
    To all the people how keep asking... CHILL OUT AND WAIT.

    I had a post the other day about my 3gs that has a bad screen and a gps that doesn't work. once spirt is released will i be able to go get a new phone from the apple store and be able to JB it?? i would not want a iphone that is not jailbroken!!
    if it's on 3.1.3 you should be able to jailbreak without any problems.
    2010-04-30 10:51 PM
  14. yahaer's Avatar
    now offcially the ipad 3G has hit the market across the U.S
    2010-05-01 12:08 AM
  15. z3r01's Avatar


    now thats a nice image of a release date
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-05-01 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-01 12:19 AM
  16. axpk95's Avatar



    note the 3gs
    Last edited by axpk95; 2010-05-01 at 12:53 AM.
    2010-05-01 12:34 AM
  17. ImperialX's Avatar
    2010-05-01 12:36 AM
  18. axpk95's Avatar


    now thats a nice image of a release date
    please dont do that and everyone excited , it was a faker
    2010-05-01 12:37 AM
  19. z3r01's Avatar
    please dont do that and everyone excited , it was a faker
    no that was posted bout 15 minutes ago by comex...
    2010-05-01 12:41 AM
  20. axpk95's Avatar
    i was in the chann it wasnt comex

    comex doesnt have a _ after his username
    2010-05-01 12:49 AM
507 ... 4121314151624 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.