They have no idea actually
    I know sarcasm just doesn't work well in writing.
    2010-05-03 07:52 AM
    How about Hacktivation?
    Last edited by marvin378; 2010-05-04 at 06:06 AM.
    2010-05-03 11:08 AM
    Anyone having timeout issues while dling stuff from cydia?
    2010-05-03 11:10 AM
    wow i go sleep all hell breaks loose
    2010-05-03 11:20 AM
    Anyone having timeout issues while dling stuff from cydia?
    Cydia is getting hammered so will cause timout issues.
    2010-05-03 01:00 PM
    finaly spirit it's out !!!!
    2010-05-03 01:12 PM
    Ah, it's a beautiful site Cydia on both my iPad and iPhone!
    2010-05-03 01:42 PM
    Well Spirit has messed up my ipad. Everything worked great with the JB and I installed some stuff (backgrounder, SBSettings, OpenSSH) , plugged it in to charge and went to bed. This morning my ipad is all messed up. The swipe button on the home screen is the entire width of the screen. The wireless icon is missing (but wireless works), my wallpaper is gone, and the dock is the tiny iPhone dock ( not ipad). Cydia is hanging on startup so I can't uninstall anything. Any tips? Looks like I'm in for a restore, but I'd love to know what went wrong.
    2010-05-03 02:56 PM
    no unlock for me I just need a JB for my 3gs new MC. am i still waiting?
    2010-05-03 03:35 PM
    Well Spirit has messed up my ipad. Everything worked great with the JB and I installed some stuff (backgrounder, SBSettings, OpenSSH) , plugged it in to charge and went to bed. This morning my ipad is all messed up. The swipe button on the home screen is the entire width of the screen. The wireless icon is missing (but wireless works), my wallpaper is gone, and the dock is the tiny iPhone dock ( not ipad). Cydia is hanging on startup so I can't uninstall anything. Any tips? Looks like I'm in for a restore, but I'd love to know what went wrong.
    It is a known issue, you need to respring to get things back to normal
    2010-05-03 03:40 PM
    But respringing happens when you reboot the thing, right? I've done that about 5 times since the problem started. Same issue.
    2010-05-03 04:13 PM
    Thanx for JB!

One question: with this JB I can't access my iPhone folder/files like /System/Library/...
    I'm using iPhone Explorer. Any suggestion?

I would like to make some changes on my iPhone files and I can't
    2010-05-03 04:16 PM
    I started a new thread but I guess everyone is in this thread.

3GS 3.1.2
    iTunes 9.0.x
    Tethered JB w/blackra1n
    Blobs backed up on Cydia and locally: 3.1.3 (I was too late for 3.1.2).
    All Cydia and Rock apps are backed up.

I jailbroke my phone 2 weeks ago, bought a bunch of cydia and rock apps and tweaked my settings and all of that to the point that my phone is exactly how I want it (except that the battery drains too fast), but I want an untethered jb.

What do I need to do to go from blackra1n to spirit with the least amount of collateral damage to all of the tweaks and new apps I downloaded, and how fast do I need to do it before Apple blocks it from happening?

1) Do I have to restore my phone to its former jailed self and upgrade to 3.1.3 fw first? Or, do I just need to let the phone go into restore mode and then run Spirit? The instructions for spirit are not clear to me.

2) How much time to I have to think about this and try it before Apple blocks the ability for me to do it and I'm stuck with a tethered 3.1.2 jb until Geohot gets off his but and sends out his next release?

3) If I have my blobs from 3.1.3 I should always be able to restore to that firmware and then restore from an iTunes backup, then go chase down my cydia/rock apps and completely retweak my phone again, correct?

Not being able to turn my phone off is an issue but bricking it and having to buy a new one is a bigger issue.

If there are step-by-step instructions for this somewhere, please point me to them.

Thank you very much,

Digger
    2010-05-03 04:38 PM
    @glaucoma you need to install open ssh from cydia to be able to access you phone via ssh

@gordo8 if all your looking for is a jb then spirit is for you.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-05-03 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-03 04:54 PM
    @jkmonkey: which is the best program to access my iPhone files? I installed open ssh, used iPhone Explorer for Mac, and I was unnable to view all folders like "system"... strange...
    2010-05-03 05:13 PM
    @jkmonkey: which is the best program to access my iPhone files? I installed open ssh, used iPhone Explorer for Mac, and I was unnable to view all folders like "system"... strange...
    Install afc2add in Cydia in order to access your files via USB client.
    2010-05-03 05:15 PM
    Spirit definitely seems to be beta quality on the iPad (as stated by the devs I believe). Not only did it mess up mine as described in the previous page, but someone else that I work with has a blank Notes icon and is having trouble starting certain apps.

I restored mine and jailbroke it again, but we'll see how far it gets before something goes wrong.
    2010-05-03 06:11 PM
    @glaucoma if your using iPhone explorer or anything else that uses a USB connection you'll have to install afc2add from cydia to get it to work

Looks like poseidon beat me to the answer...sorry
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-05-03 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-03 11:29 PM
    Okay, first off thank you Dev....wonderful to be jailbroken. Up till now I did not need to jailbreak my iphone, but now with the ipad and no 3g on the ipad I needed it. So cydia is backed up beyond belief and mywi no rock could not be loaded so I loaded rock app and their mywi, is there any real difference? any real reason I should not use rock? also, what else do I really need for future, what is the shsh thing? It was unavailable right now. Anything else needed?
    2010-05-04 12:05 AM
    Spirit definitely seems to be beta quality on the iPad (as stated by the devs I believe). Not only did it mess up mine as described in the previous page, but someone else that I work with has a blank Notes icon and is having trouble starting certain apps.

I restored mine and jailbroke it again, but we'll see how far it gets before something goes wrong.
    Make sure you install something that can respring (sbsettings or respring). Turning the ipad off and on does not fix the "iphone mode" issue, only a respring does.
    2010-05-04 02:48 AM
507 ... 1523242526
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD