Spirit definitely seems to be beta quality on the iPad (as stated by the devs I believe). Not only did it mess up mine as described in the previous page, but someone else that I work with has a blank Notes icon and is having trouble starting certain apps.

I restored mine and jailbroke it again, but we'll see how far it gets before something goes wrong.
    Spirit is 100% finished and not beta. As the iPad has has been jailbroken less than 24 hours the apps available have not yet been ported or finalized for the iPad. Be patient.
    2010-05-04 02:55 AM
    no warez talk on mmi
    ** I don't hate myself anymore I have a JB iphone
    2010-05-04 04:20 AM
    After jailbreaking with Spirit, I tried to sync the pirated applications to my iphone.
    I get 0xE8008001 error.
    I googled to look for my answer.
    Do I have to go to cydia and install appsync?
    And if I do need to do that, would my iphone get screwed if I turn my iphone off completely and turn it on again?(like it did in the past)

Thanks in advance!
    2010-05-04 05:32 AM
    After jailbreaking with Spirit, I tried to sync the pirated applications to my iphone.
    I get 0xE8008001 error.
    I googled to look for my answer.
    Do I have to go to cydia and install appsync?
    And if I do need to do that, would my iphone get screwed if I turn my iphone off completely and turn it on again?(like it did in the past)

Thanks in advance!
    We do not allow warez and app stealing on mmi. Mention it again and you will receive an infraction
    2010-05-04 05:39 AM
    can't JB 3.1.3
    keep getting an error message.
    2010-05-04 05:46 AM
    Hi there - re-jailbroke with Spirit last night and it is working great (previously on a tethered jb with blackra1n).

One issue though - I am having trouble getting my custom sms tone to work. I have followed the instructions (Learn how to create custom SMS tones for your iphone.) (it worked fine before on the blackra1n jailbreak) but for some reason the tone i am replacing (Electronic – which is sms-received6.caf) is just silent. When I test the tone in iphonebrowser the right sound comes up but not on the phone. Are there any known issues with custom sms tones on 3.1.3 or using Spirit?

Cheers.

Hi there - re-jailbroke with Spirit last night and it is working great (previously on a tethered jb with blackra1n).

One issue though - I am having trouble getting my custom sms tone to work. I have followed the instructions (Learn how to create custom SMS tones for your iphone.) (it worked fine before on the blackra1n jailbreak) but for some reason the tone i am replacing (Electronic which is sms-received6.caf) is just silent. When I test the tone in iphonebrowser the right sound comes up but not on the phone. Are there any known issues with custom sms tones on 3.1.3 or using Spirit?

Cheers.
    I've actually fixed it using a different tutorial:

CUSTOM SMS RINGTONES FOR IPHONE

I needed to convert my mp3 to a aif file using a converter, then rename to sms-received6.caf, then SSH it and whammo works a treat.
    Last edited by Waverley73; 2010-05-04 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-04 02:54 PM
    Make sure you install something that can respring (sbsettings or respring). Turning the ipad off and on does not fix the "iphone mode" issue, only a respring does.
    Thanks. I saw this note on Cydia after restoring. Had I waited I would have saved some time. Until now I did not realize there was anything that happens during re-spring that doesn't happen during reboot. Good to know.
    2010-05-04 05:15 PM
507 ... 16242526
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD