I have an iPod touch, 64gb 3G with a serial that starts with MC. It has already been jailbroken but there is no installer app.

I am traveling around the world and would like to get internet on my ipod through the usb port. I have already found a guide to do that but here is where I need help.

After I jailbroke my ipod with blackra1n, I deleted the blackrai1n app before I installed cydia. I am not able to do a restore because my music files are stored on a computer I don't have access to. So here is my question.

Can I install .ssh through a desktop computer without cydia?
    Can I re-install the blackra1n icon through a desktop computer without restore?
    Can I install cydia through a desktop computer without the blackra1n icon?
    Are there any other jailbreak apps that I can use to re jailbreak without deleting my music?

Thanks a million!

-Roman

I forgot to add that I have software 3.1.2 installed on my ipod
    Last edited by rollerroman; 2010-04-29 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-29 10:17 PM
    DiskAid will help. Install Mobile Terminal which opens the iPhone for manually installing everything else.
    2010-04-29 10:26 PM
    You can also just add it with redsn0w. Just make sure you check 'install cydia' and 'already pwned' and nothing else.

DiskAid will help. Install Mobile Terminal which opens the iPhone for manually installing everything else.
    I'm not familiar with DiskAid. Does it allow you to download and install .deb files without having Cydia/OpenSSH/MobileTerminal installed? Because if it can, that'd be awesome.
    Last edited by dhamien; 2010-04-30 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-30 12:31 PM
    disk aid did not work for me. It said that I could not access the root folder because my device had not been jailbroken, so this might have something to do with ssh not being active yet.

I used redsn0w and that worked great. Interestingly, I still have to tether boot with blackra1n.

Anyway, thanks for your help!
    2010-04-30 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.