a lot of us need a way to find out to which carrier our iphones locked to ..

Is it possible to find out which sim card we need to find with a fully locked phone (with emergency screen)

any way ,including contacting apple , giving serial number to a website or imei search
    2010-04-30 06:46 PM
    simple...where you from determines carrier...USA is att of course
    2010-04-30 06:48 PM
    i live in turkey , but my iphone is 2nd hand... we have no idea about the first owner or place of purchase..

but there i found a website

with giving IMEI code , i learn that the primary market is north america

there are no countries other than states and canada in north america

tried AT&T ,but it didnt activate it .. so 99% it is canada .. but there are 5 different carriers in canada , how can i find from which the phone's locked to
    2010-04-30 06:57 PM
    in uk could be orange o2 vodefone

i think theres a file called carrier but obviously you need a jb to access it
    Last edited by axpk95; 2010-04-30 at 07:10 PM.
    2010-04-30 06:59 PM
    because we cant find the CORRECT carrier ,which our iphones are locked to...

if it is possible , we will surely do that.
    2010-04-30 07:10 PM
    not true in uk could be orange o2 vodefone

why dont people just change to a sim the iphone accepts , instead of waiting and waiting for unlock
    {facepalm}
    Some of you people seem a little unclear on the concept...many of us have phones bought second-hand (off eBay, for example), and we don't know what country they came from. Consequently, it is sometimes kinda hard to use a sim that the iPhone accepts, even if you wanted to. Not only that, but even if, say, an Italian didn't care about the exorbitant cost of an account with AT&T, he or she wouldn't be able to open such an account.

There are literally millions of iPhones being used in countries for which there is no official provider.
    Last edited by Amadomon; 2010-04-30 at 07:13 PM. Reason: typo
    2010-04-30 07:12 PM
    yea i wrote mt message without reading it properly :P

call an apple store the ones with a genius bar tell them the truth they will check the imei and serial number for you
    2010-04-30 07:17 PM
    Doesnt the userland just require that it is already activated...? Surely the pjone must be activateable with the sim that is in it... Therefore no problem, jut upgrade to 3.1.3 if u havent already, activate as normal, then jb with spirit......
    2010-04-30 09:15 PM
    my situation is that..

i bought a 2nd hand iphone from a guy , but he doesnt know the first owner.

the phone is now locked and i cant even pass the activation screen (slide to emergency)

so i cant find the locked carrier , so i cant find the correct sim card , so i wont be able to use the upcoming userland JB

that's the point i need help on
    2010-04-30 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.