I have been reading a lot tutorials and posts, but to tell you the truth it's only making me more confused. Here's my problem.

I jailbroke my iPhone 3GS with 3.0 the first day I got it, but I don't remember what tool I used. Everything was working ok until I installed backgrounder. Since then my battery is getting completely drained in a couple hours. Sometimes if I let it run out of battery it will not start, not even if charging on the wall.

Now my idea is to restore to a factory firmware and then jail break it again. Cydia has my SHSHs for 3.1.2 and 3.1.3. What should I do? What are the advisable steps?

I'm not afraid of reading, so any links are more than welcome!

Thanks!

Vic.
    2010-05-03 02:00 AM
    Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

you can also use a custom ipsw of your choice and avoid the signing (shsh) hassle all together
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-05-03 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-03 02:50 AM
    Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

you can also use a custom ipsw of your choice and avoid the signing (shsh) hassle all together
    That's one of the sites I have read.

So am I right to say that if I follow the instructions on Sauriks site I'll be able to upgrade from my current 3.0 to either 3.1.2 or 3.1.3? Is that an already jail broken firmware or is it "stock"?
    2010-05-03 02:55 AM
    custom would already be jailbroken...official will not...saurik's site instructions are talking about official firmware
    2010-05-03 03:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD