I have a jailbroke Iphone running 3.0.1. I want to update and jailbreak to the latest version. I'm not exactly sure how to go about this since my phone is already jailbroken and I'm having trouble finding that info. If I upgrade to 3.1.3, am I going to lose all my jailbroken apps and themes? What steps do I need to take?
    2010-05-04 05:24 AM
    the best way would be to use ifunbox (google) and backup your Applications folder and Themes folder (more google) Then you update thru iTunes this will make your iDevice like new again so everything completely wiped from your i. Then just run Spirit, although I remember reading somewhere they say to actually sync your i first before jailbreaking it.
    2010-05-04 05:32 AM
    I have a jailbroke Iphone running 3.0.1. I want to update and jailbreak to the latest version. I'm not exactly sure how to go about this since my phone is already jailbroken and I'm having trouble finding that info. If I upgrade to 3.1.3, am I going to lose all my jailbroken apps and themes? What steps do I need to take?
    I have mentioned in many posts : Easiest way is to create a Custom Firmware (CFW) either from SnowBreeze (PC) or Pwnage Tool (Mac) and once created, do a Shift key and Restore (Itunes) and browse to the cfw you created on your Desktop.
    Once finished you are jailbroken and still be able to unlock with Ultrasn0w.
    2010-05-04 05:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD