Hey guys, just one annoying question that I can't seem to find a solid answer for. I've already jailbroken my 3.1.3 phone using spirit, but do I need to save my SHSH blobs now, or is that done automatically? Do I need to restore my phone to factory, save the shsh, then rejailbreak?
    2010-05-06 10:19 AM
    if your using cydia its automatic but the shsh servers are currently down due to the over whelming response to the spirit jailbreak. but i do recommend very highly to get your shsh blobs saved to their server or use the umbrella software to save it locally but it doesn't beat doing it on the cydia server. hope this helped.. it's just a safe bet in case apple throws a curve ball with 4.0 coming out.
    2010-05-06 11:05 AM
    so I can still save it locally even after I've jailbroken, and then later use it to restore with? I am using cydia, or at least I've used it for various things at least 20 or 30 times - this means sauriks server should have my shsh data?
    2010-05-06 11:13 AM
    so I can still save it locally even after I've jailbroken, and then later use it to restore with? I am using cydia, or at least I've used it for various things at least 20 or 30 times - this means sauriks server should have my shsh data?
    Search for AutoSHSH, this will save SHSH on your PC and send it to Saurik server asa well, just one click to take care of every thing.
    good luck
    2010-05-06 11:16 AM
    here's a link for you with info and a download link to get the program

Save SHSH Blobs (ECID SHSH) of iPhone 3.1.3 and iPad 3.2 | Redmond Pie
    2010-05-06 11:29 AM
    Can someone respond clearly to the question f3likx posted? "Do I need to restore my phone to factory, save the shsh, then rejailbreak?" Is it ok to save the shsh blobs after jailbreak or not? thanks
    2010-05-06 02:40 PM
    Can someone respond clearly to the question f3likx posted? "Do I need to restore my phone to factory, save the shsh, then rejailbreak?" Is it ok to save the shsh blobs after jailbreak or not? thanks
    It's fine to save them after jailbreaking. They're not affected by anything you do to the phone.
    2010-05-06 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD