iPhone 3G
    Jailbroken using BlackRa1N (months ago)...worked fine but I restarted it today (like i usually do every now and then), but it will not boot up now!!
    Using Mac OSX
    I have ATT

My iphone 3G is stuck in reboot mode. It wont go past the apple screen.. I havent backed it up in over 8 months bc it was synced to my iMac which was boxed up (was in the process of moving,etc)

i unpacked it hoping it would sync but no...

so basically i have to restore my phone (and lose lotsa #s, pix, etc
    If i restore it, it will auto update to the newest firmware--which I have heard was impossible/difficult to jailbreak. I

*I want my phone jailbroken again bc i can restore my txt msgs (iTextUpload) and many of my apps (Rock).

Please help!!I hate not having a phone!!!
    Last edited by amykat321; 2010-05-07 at 05:17 AM.
    2010-05-07 04:22 AM
    Question, did you happen to do a bunch of app updates in Rock just before this went down? If so, looks like you're out of luck and will need to DFU+Restore to 3.1.3+Jailbreak with Spirit. That's what I did when I experienced last night's Rockopalypse.
    2010-05-07 04:39 AM
    Stupid Rock -.- my wife almost did the required update for it and i snatched the phone from her and quickly uninstalled it. she was just getting annoyed with the 1 above the icon lol
    2010-05-07 05:04 AM
    yes i did do a bunch of updates right before. UGH!!!

So, would I just actually go ahead with the restore in iTunes and then run spirit or Sn0wBreeze? Or do I need to DL something before I do the restore and/or DL the 3.1.3 from somewhere other than iTunes?
    Last edited by amykat321; 2010-05-07 at 05:21 AM.
    2010-05-07 05:18 AM
    I didn't need to DL anything, just DFU'd it, let iTunes restore to 3.1.3, then spirit jailbreak.
    2010-05-07 06:49 AM
    I did this. and it worked...but many of my JB apps do not work...ex. certain sms tones, ringtones, sliders, 3gs battery percentage etc....?! and the font is all weird.. i just want me 3.1.2 back!!!
    2010-05-07 11:44 PM
    hey so I made the same mistake and got into the same problem.. i have a 3g and was running 3.1.3 jailbroken and unlocked (done through custom IPSW) so now i got into DFU mode and did shift+restore to 3.1.2 and it worked fine no errors but now im stuck on lockscreen since i lost my unlock since it can't recognize the sim, meaning i lost my unlock and i guess jailbreak as well..Can yu guys tell me what i shud do next. I want to unlock it and jailbreak it
    2010-05-08 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD