Good day to everyone, first of all sorry if I am reposting this and for my bad english... Next I'd like to ask you if it's possible to create the SHSH ECID files, I have an iPhone 3GS with 3.1.2 CFW and I just have 3.1.3 SHSH files on Cydia, I've downloaded this one but when I submit for the 3.1.2 version I get the common error. I've read somewhere (I think here in ModMyi) there was a way on 3.0 but I don't know if there's another for 3.1.2. I need to restore with original firmware because the unlock method I'm using now is a little buggy (blacksn0w RC2) and everytime I reboot it it's starts normally but keep saying "searching..." on signal bar and I need to reinstall it or reboot the iPhone 'til it finally works again. Thanks again and please let me know if there's a post about my question.
    2010-05-08 05:19 AM
    you can't get 3.1.2 shsh's but I see you said you are using a custom firmware now...you can restore to that at any time without the need for shsh's...custom firmwares bypass the signing process
    2010-05-08 05:54 AM
    Yes I know about the bypass but I want to restore to original firmware because blackra1n and blacksn0w doesn't work with the custom firmware. So, there isn't any way in the world to create the SHSH files? I found the post I was talking about is this: http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...s-folders.html but that is for 3.0, those files TheHeadFL talks about aren't on 3.1.2?
    2010-05-08 05:57 AM
    no there is no way to create them...you can only get shsh's for firmwares that apple is signing and as of now they are only signing 3.1.3...sorry...try downloading an activated 3.1.2 created with pwnagetool..it will already be jailbroken and blacksm0w rc2 should unlock your baseband
    2010-05-08 06:09 AM
    no there is no way to create them...you can only get shsh's for firmwares that apple is signing and as of now they are only signing 3.1.3...sorry...try downloading an activated 3.1.2 created with pwnagetool..it will already be jailbroken and blacksm0w rc2 should unlock your baseband

what you mean by activated 3.1.2 firmware, how is that possible when the apple servers are not accepting that firmware anymore...I'm trying to downgrade back to anything right now, I accidentally updated. I wasn't paying attention and I press the wrong button when I synced to iTunes, please help if possible
    "R-R"
    2010-05-08 08:46 AM
    Yes I know about the bypass but I want to restore to original firmware because blackra1n and blacksn0w doesn't work with the custom firmware. So, there isn't any way in the world to create the SHSH files? I found the post I was talking about is this: http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...s-folders.html but that is for 3.0, those files TheHeadFL talks about aren't on 3.1.2?
    You're not supposed to run one jailbreak tool (blackra1n) on top of another (pwnagetool/sn0wbreeze), so don't try that.

If you want blacksn0w on your custom firmware jailbroken phone, in Cydia go to Manage > Sources > Edit > Add - then add the repo http://cydia.pushfix.info/ - then search for and install 'blacksn0w RC2 Final'.

You really don't need any SHSH files as long as you stick to custom firmwares.
    2010-05-08 12:13 PM
    You're not supposed to run one jailbreak tool (blackra1n) on top of another (pwnagetool/sn0wbreeze), so don't try that.

If you want blacksn0w on your custom firmware jailbroken phone, in Cydia go to Manage > Sources > Edit > Add - then add the repo Cydia.pushfix.info - then search for and install 'blacksn0w RC2 Final'.

You really don't need any SHSH files as long as you stick to custom firmwares.
    OK thanks for the info about the tool on top of another, I didn't know that can't be. About the RC2 is what I'm using now, as I said in my first post I already have the iPhone jailbroken and unlocked but the RC2 have some issues for me, not about the tethered boot because mine boots normally and don't need of blackra1n to boot, is the signal problem why I'm looking for an original restore, everytime I reboot it it's starts normally but keep saying "searching..." on signal bar and I need to reinstall blacksn0w or reboot the iPhone 'til it finally works again.

what you mean by activated 3.1.2 firmware, how is that possible when the apple servers are not accepting that firmware anymore...I'm trying to downgrade back to anything right now, I accidentally updated. I wasn't paying attention and I press the wrong button when I synced to iTunes, please help if possible
    With activated firmware he means when you restore it with this firmware you won't get the emergency calls screen or the screen with itunes and the USB cable. You could downgrade your firmware but not the baseband, and also if you want to downgrade just for jeailbreak you should use Spirit for this. If you tell us what iPhone you have, on what firmware and what baseband we could help you better also tell us what you want to do, jailbreak and unlock or just jailbreak?
    Last edited by axlindahouse; 2010-05-08 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-08 03:22 PM
    OK thanks for the info about the tool on top of another, I didn't know that can't be. About the RC2 is what I'm using now, as I said in my first post I already have the iPhone jailbroken and unlocked but the RC2 have some issues for me, not about the tethered boot because mine boots normally and don't need of blackra1n to boot, is the signal problem why I'm looking for an original restore, everytime I reboot it it's starts normally but keep saying "searching..." on signal bar and I need to reinstall blacksn0w or reboot the iPhone 'til it finally works again.
    How long does it keep searching for? To get around the bug on rc1, the dev made it so that blacksn0w RC2 isn't run until the phone is fully booted. This might be what you're experiencing. You should just let it run.

You can read a bit more here: Pushfix 2.0 • View topic - Blacksn0w RC2 Final
    2010-05-08 05:10 PM

With activated firmware he means when you restore it with this firmware you won't get the emergency calls screen or the screen with itunes and the USB cable. You could downgrade your firmware but not the baseband, and also if you want to downgrade just for jeailbreak you should use Spirit for this. If you tell us what iPhone you have, on what firmware and what baseband we could help you better also tell us what you want to do, jailbreak and unlock or just jailbreak?
    Ok I have an 16GB 3G, basband 05.12.01 model MB499LL. What I'm trying to do is downgrade so I can unlock my phone again. I wanna know is there anyway I can do that. I'll do anything to get it back, Just need someone to point me in the right direction
    "R-R"
    2010-05-08 07:02 PM
    Ok I have an 16GB 3G, basband 05.12.01 model MB499LL. What I'm trying to do is downgrade so I can unlock my phone again. I wanna know is there anyway I can do that. I'll do anything to get it back, Just need someone to point me in the right direction
    The baseband is not downgradable so there's no solution for you.
    2010-05-09 01:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD