Been reading this post on ars technica forum. 3GS late bootrom, I'm JB with spirit, O2 official unlock. I've installed redsnow 0.9.3 (I think!!!!!)

Just enable built in tethering:
    redsn0w 0.9.2 [iPhone Dev Team]

Quote:
    What is the IPCC tethering hack?

It allows you to install cellphone Carrier Bundles that aren't officially signed by Apple. This lets you, for instance, install a Carrier Bundle that allows you to use your iPhone as a way to connect your PC to the internet (through your 3G cell connection). This hack is always installed on 3G and 3GS phones by redsn0w 0.9.3 (no selection is required). It isn't included at all in 0.9.2 (it's still in a trial phase). Note that carriers may not like you tethering behind their back so you do so at your own risk.

For some excellent info on Carrier Bundles vs. mobileconfigs, along with a great generator, see Carrier Bundle Generator iPhone OS 3.0 - 3.1.2 (ipcc) (and talk about it here). The hack itself is detailed in the 2nd topic on this page. Another generator is available at help.BenM.at | BENM.AT .

If you're in the USA and use AT&T, you can also just go to http://is.gd/8QYHa on your iPhone, install the mobileconfig, reboot, then turn on tethering in Settings→General→Network.

Basically, yes even though you've used the spirit jailbreak, download redsn0w (the 0.9.3 beta with IPCC hack) and run it on your jailbroken iPhone (just select "Already Pwned" and nothing else), then after it has rebooted visit http://is.gd/8QYHa on your iphone, it'll ask you to install an unsigned (it's safe) IPCC. Once you've installed it, reboot again and viola, built in tethering on the 3.1.3 3GS will be enabled.

Works like a charm.
    I've been using it for about two weeks now without any issues.

My settings were showing a tethering option. Never got the 'already pwned' option. I ran the link for O2 settings at benm help page, and now the tethering option isnt there. Anyone done this or has any sdvice please?

Anyone got any help please?
    Last edited by vix2000; 2010-05-09 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-09 01:51 AM
    did anybody try this ?
    2010-05-21 12:09 AM
    Don't think so as no other replies.I couldn't get it to work. In the end got a trial of pdanet.
    2010-05-21 02:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD