User Tag List

Hey all, first post here.

I recently used Spirit to Jailbreak my 3G running 3.1.3 (with no problems!) and have a small annoyance with it.

My statusbar time, ON/OFF sliders, and badge #'s are slightly upward from their original positioning.

I haven't touched these since the screenshots were taken. For some reason, and I can't quite place it, all 3 of these things have been raised upwards. I've searched and searched and found no mention of it on any sites so I'm hoping somebody can help me.

Thank you.
    2010-05-14 07:07 AM
    Restore and try again... Maybe that might help
    2010-05-14 01:41 PM
    I don't think that's being caused by the spirit jb. Something else you installed maybe? Try uninstalling any themes you have and see how it looks.
    2010-05-14 03:13 PM
    This was not caused by the spirit jb. This is user error, and the user blames the product. How dare you.
    2010-05-14 03:18 PM
    robben10: I just might try that. Thank you.

jkmonkey: I turned off any/all themes I had on in Winterboard; including sound themes so that everything was off. It was still being caused by something. I'll try reinstalling some of my packages to see if it changes anything. Thanks!

dr0herb: Let's try to calm down. Thanks.
    2010-05-14 07:46 PM
    If you don't have any themes running then I would go with robben10's suggestion and try a restore. But before you you rejailbreak take a look a the status bar if the time is still raised a little bit the it's something in your backup that's causing it. There are certain things from jailbreaking that carry over to a restore from backup. Like the carrier icon for example.
    2010-05-14 11:14 PM
    jrmonkey: I just completed a restore + restore from backup and everything was in the correct place before the jailbreak. I just re-jailbroke and it's still all peachy

The only trouble with this is that I have to re-download and configure everything but at least I think I know what the culprit was. Fontswap. Pretty sure that is what messed everything up, but I can't be 100% sure now.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!
    2010-05-15 12:58 AM
    I have this problem when I use FontSwap and set the font under System to Default. If this is the case, tap restore default fonts and respring. This fixed it for me!
    2010-05-15 01:08 PM
    Thanks for the tip! I figured it was fontswap.
    2010-05-15 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD