hey guys,i have a 3gs on 3.1.3,i had that blackra1n over spirit problem,so i said i'll run a ipod touch till os 4 is released,so i updated to stock 3.1.3,but iam not from the U.S.,and i can't activate the phone,if i try wid blackra1n the process finishes but geohortz pic dusnt appear on my phone and it jus reboots nuthin else,if i try wid redsnow then the pineapple and all that dusnt appear on the phone,n when its done nuthin happens jus my phone reboots,i tried to restore to a cfw 3.1.3,but it gives error 1600 in dfu and error 1604 in recovery mode,i hav tried many things to solve dis error but nothing worked,i have tried on vista,xp, n windows 7,on 4 different pc's but nuthin helps,also on different versions of itunes,now iam on stock 3.1.3 i don't want an unlock since i know its impossible all i want is a jailbreak..please help me out..
    Thanks
    Jawad

Bump..
    Last edited by jawadamin3; 2010-05-15 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-15 10:24 PM
    You can only jailbreak 3.1.3 with Spirit or Redsn0w, not Blackra1n. Without SHSH files backed up, you cant restore a 3GS.

If you need an unlock youre out of luck there too, you upgraded your baseband.

If you still want to continue to jailbreak, Spirit should work. If it doesnt work, then Im not so sure you have any other option.
    2010-05-16 03:21 AM
    as i hav mentioned above i tried woth redsnow but i don't know why it just dusnt work,also it dusnt downgrade i have the shsh,it gives error 1600 on dfu nd 1604 on recovery mode,and iam nt from da usa so i cant activate da fone thus not being able to use spirit pls sum1,help me out:$
    2010-05-16 06:02 PM
    to jailbreak 3.1.3 with redsn0w you need to download an official 3.1.2 ipsw and point redsn0w at that even though you are jailbreaking 3.1.3
    2010-05-16 06:36 PM
    i know tht,i did tht bt,nuthin hapens on da fone,da screen goes blank,n wen da proces finishes onda pc,da fone restarts n nuthin hapens...
    2010-05-16 07:31 PM
    Not to put you down in any way, but improper grammar and spelling will get you less help than you otherwise would. Not because people aren't interested in helping, but because it's hard to understand what the problem actually is.

You say you have a 3GS on 3.1.3 - well, you'll need an official sim to activate it if you want to use it as an ipod. There's absolutely no way around this, no tool will help you. If you have no way of getting access to an official sim, unfortunately your device is unusable.
    2010-05-16 07:48 PM
    sorry for the grammar...i have the shsh files with me,it verifies it successfully then when it says preparing iphone for restore it gives error 1600 on dfu mode and 1604 on recovery mode,same goes when i try to restore to a cfw,and can't i activate the iphone via redsnow?:S as in normally redsnow does that rite?
    2010-05-17 06:58 PM
    sorry for the grammar...i have the shsh files with me,it verifies it successfully then when it says preparing iphone for restore it gives error 1600 on dfu mode and 1604 on recovery mode,same goes when i try to restore to a cfw,and can't i activate the iphone via redsnow?:S as in normally redsnow does that rite?
    Well, you can't load a custom firmware onto an unjailbroken phone on 3.1.3, so that's why you get 160x errors. There's also the possibility that your phone can't use CFWs at all. The phone needs to have the old bootrom and anything bought later than sep/oct last year most likely has the new bootrom.

If you have SHSH for 3.1.2, you can restore to a stock 3.1.2 and then jailbreak/hactivate with blackra1n.

The various tools can only hactivate 3.1.2 or lower.
    2010-05-17 07:25 PM
    Well, you can't load a custom firmware onto an unjailbroken phone on 3.1.3, so that's why you get 160x errors. There's also the possibility that your phone can't use CFWs at all. The phone needs to have the old bootrom and anything bought later than sep/oct last year most likely has the new bootrom.

If you have SHSH for 3.1.2, you can restore to a stock 3.1.2 and then jailbreak/hactivate with blackra1n.

The various tools can only hactivate 3.1.2 or lower.
    i have the shsh files,it verifies them succesfully but when it starts preparing iphone for restore the error 160x appears,i restore it to orignal fw 3.1.2,even then that happens
    2010-05-17 10:44 PM
    i have the shsh files,it verifies them succesfully but when it starts preparing iphone for restore the error 160x appears,i restore it to orignal fw 3.1.2,even then that happens
    Just so it's clear, the SHSH needs to be 3.1.2 - not any SHSH will do.

With that said, have you tried the process with stock/official firmware from both recovery and DFU mode?

The 160x errors are sometimes a little hard to figure out. What sometimes works includes using a different computer, trying different USB ports, using a different cable to connect the phone, uninstalling the USB ports on the computer and rebooting and letting them reinstall.

At one point I read that some of the 160x errors occur because of using USB 1.1 and the phone not getting the data fast enough, this would explain why the above advice works, though I don't know if in fact that is the main problem of the 160x errors.
    2010-05-18 10:23 AM
    Since the ECID/SHSH has been saved in Cydia, the only way to restore is using the Saurik method or use his PC as the server in order for him to restore to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 but the problem is I believe his BB has been updated to 5.12.07 which is not possible to UNLOCK as of this moment ... he has to wait for OS 4.0 next month ...
    2010-05-18 10:33 AM
    but it is 3.1.2 shsh file,cause if it wasnt,then it won't have verified it successfully and yes i use my pc as server via tinytss,i dont want an unlock since i know its impossible,i just want to jailbreak and hacktivate i don't care if its tethered

and yes i have tried on several pc's,changed usb ports,re-installed them,tried on different os's but it doesnt work...
    Last edited by jawadamin3; 2010-05-18 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-18 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD