Hello,

I have an iPhone 3GS,

I am running:

OS version 3.0.1 (7A400)
    Modem firmware version 4.26.08

It was jailbroken using redsn0w and is unlocked via ultrasn0w.

The phone was originally AT&T but I now use t-mobile. I get push notifications on it.

I would like to update my OS to the highest that I can, without losing any of the features above, and without updating anything else that does not have to be updated.

Can anyone post instructions how to do this?
    2010-05-20 04:37 PM
    2010-05-21 11:52 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Only, I don't have a mac, and my phone is already jailbroken.
    2010-05-25 04:06 PM
    If you are already jailbroken then all you need is a custom firmware. Use Google. Put it on your desktop. Then, in iTunes, hold your Shift key while clicking on Restore. A box will pop up at which point you target the custom firmware that you downloaded and placed on your desktop. I would go with a 3.1.2 custom as 3.1.3 has no benefits. Use firefox to download so that you don't have any hassles with file extensions like other browsers do. A custom firmware that was created by Pwnage will protect your baseband allowing you to remain unlocked. If you have your shsh stored on Cydia for 3.1.2(it will say it at the top of Cydia's homepage) then you could alter iTunes hosts file to Sauriks server and load a stock 3.1.2 firmware, jailbreak with Blackra1n, and unlock with Blacksnow. Your easiest bet is just to run with the Shift/Restore with a custom firmware though
    2010-05-25 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD