Hello.

I have two iPhone's a 2G and a 3G. I was able to update the 2G with no problem,but I am unsure if I can update the 3G.

After I updated the 2G to 3.1.3 through iTunes it asked me to "activate" the phone. It became "activated" through the process of Jailbreaking, but I used the "unlock" feature of RedSnow.

I am wondering if RedSnow/Pwnage will "activate" the 3G through the process of jailbreaking. I am on At&t, but do not want to have to sign up for a DATA plan. So I don't need it "unlocked", just activated.

I don't want to go updating it and not be able to block out the Data usage through SB settings.

No one?

I just need to know if Jailbreaking gets you past the "connect to iTunes" screen.
    Last edited by k2them20x6; 2010-05-23 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-23 02:38 AM
    Hello.

I have two iPhone's a 2G and a 3G. I was able to update the 2G with no problem,but I am unsure if I can update the 3G.

After I updated the 2G to 3.1.3 through iTunes it asked me to "activate" the phone. It became "activated" through the process of Jailbreaking, but I used the "unlock" feature of RedSnow.

I am wondering if RedSnow/Pwnage will "activate" the 3G through the process of jailbreaking. I am on At&t, but do not want to have to sign up for a DATA plan. So I don't need it "unlocked", just activated.

I don't want to go updating it and not be able to block out the Data usage through SB settings.

No one?

I just need to know if Jailbreaking gets you past the "connect to iTunes" screen.
    You can just restore to 3.1.3 , let it activate through your At&T and then jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.4 but you need 3.1.2 ipsw in the process. Or you can run Spirit Jailbreak
    2010-05-23 02:57 AM
    During the activation process through iTunes it makes you sign up for a DATA plan. I don't want that. If I "restore" it to 3.1.3 from 3.0.1 will that keep the phone from needing to be "activated" again?
    2010-05-23 04:21 AM
    During the activation process through iTunes it makes you sign up for a DATA plan. I don't want that. If I "restore" it to 3.1.3 from 3.0.1 will that keep the phone from needing to be "activated" again?
    All i know is if you have the official carrier (Voice Service), your iphone will be activated unless you bought an Iphone with a new contract, then you will be asked to have a Data Plan upon activating.
    2010-05-23 06:45 AM
    All i know is if you have the official carrier (Voice Service), your iphone will be activated unless you bought an Iphone with a new contract, then you will be asked to have a Data Plan upon activating.
    That's what it was doing on the 2G. I wanted to just use the Spirit JB on it. I figured since the phone was already "activated" it would stay activated after the update, but apparently that was not the case.
    2010-05-23 08:30 PM
    That's what it was doing on the 2G. I wanted to just use the Spirit JB on it. I figured since the phone was already "activated" it would stay activated after the update, but apparently that was not the case.
    You don't have to use Spirit jailbreak on 2G, use Redsn0w 0.9.4, you will be unlocked and jailbroken and version 3.1.3 will be the last of the version you need to update, there won't be any more updates after 3.1.3 and no more support from Apple.........
    2010-05-25 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD