Hi

I have a 2g iPhone that someone has upgraded to 3.1.3. It is origionally from USA and requests an approved sim to activate.

A UK o2 sim will not activate it.

The phone has been opened but I do not know what was done.

attempting to jsilbreak and unlock.

Sn0wbreeze fails on iTunes update of custom firmware - gives 1604error.

Tried on Vista machine and XP and on different ports

iReb does nothing

redsn0w hangs with message "please wait while your device reboots"

I have tried with and without SIM card installed

If I have read other posts correctly, the 2g iPhone should not be affected by the 05.12.01 modem firmware.

As I cannot get past the emergency calls screen I do not know what modem version is installed.

f0recast displays "waiting for device" on Vista - it will not run on my xp machine

f0recast (0n my 3gs phone it also hangs at "waiting for device")

Any advice welcome
    2010-05-23 02:55 AM
    to jailbreak 3.1.3 with redsnow, you need 3.1.2 firmware.
    2010-05-23 04:27 AM
    Hi

I have a 2g iPhone that someone has upgraded to 3.1.3. It is origionally from USA and requests an approved sim to activate.

A UK o2 sim will not activate it.

The phone has been opened but I do not know what was done.

attempting to jsilbreak and unlock.

Sn0wbreeze fails on iTunes update of custom firmware - gives 1604error.

Tried on Vista machine and XP and on different ports

iReb does nothing

redsn0w hangs with message "please wait while your device reboots"

I have tried with and without SIM card installed

If I have read other posts correctly, the 2g iPhone should not be affected by the 05.12.01 modem firmware.

As I cannot get past the emergency calls screen I do not know what modem version is installed.

f0recast displays "waiting for device" on Vista - it will not run on my xp machine

f0recast (0n my 3gs phone it also hangs at "waiting for device")

Any advice welcome
    Read this, it explains everything you need to unlock and jailbreak at 3.1.3

http://modmyi.com/guides/how-jailbre...-windows-os-x/
    Have fun....
    2010-05-23 04:35 AM
    Hi

thanks for the replies. I followed the tutorial exactly (using 3.1.2).

Redsn0w hangs at the part of the tutorial that says "redsn0w works it's magic" eg " "please wait while your device reboots"

any further advice welcome.
    2010-05-24 12:54 AM
    Hi

thanks for the replies. I followed the tutorial exactly (using 3.1.2).

Redsn0w hangs at the part of the tutorial that says "redsn0w works it's magic" eg " "please wait while your device reboots"

any further advice welcome.
    It stays awhile doing its things especially if you did not check the " Already Pwned " , it will repwn again. It will eventually come..
    2010-05-24 09:07 AM
    i had the same problem, and cant get it to past that state...."waiting for reboot".

Did anyone who had a 2g and trying to upgrade the firmware successfully unlock and jailbreak it.
    2010-05-24 04:39 PM
    i had the same problem, and cant get it to past that state...."waiting for reboot".

Did anyone who had a 2g and trying to upgrade the firmware successfully unlock and jailbreak it.
    I recently physically jailbreak and unlock a 2G for someone here in Vancouver, everything went smoothly but waited quite awhile for the process to finish. I suggest you restore to 3.1.3 again and jailbreak /unlock with redsnow 0.9.4, you will also need BL3.9.bin and BL 4.6bin and 2G (3.1.2 ipsw).
    2010-05-24 07:10 PM
    well actually i got it unlock....but my problem now is that i have no signal..and does not recognize my carrier(t-mobile)....do you think my simm is bad? it does recognize my number but not my carrier. Any suggestion or help is appreciated. Thanks.
    2010-05-24 07:43 PM
    If it's unlocked, it should pick up T-Mo just fine. Like yeow said, restore it again to 3.1.3 then re-do the process. That's all you can do to fix it.
    2010-05-25 01:30 AM
    Thanks guys, it was an operating error...lol....i think what happened was i was impatient and i pressed on the home button when it was loading the boot loader.

Again, i cant thank you enough for you support and feedback.

Regards,
    Jb
    2010-05-25 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD