Hi guys,

I was wondering, do we really need firewall ip ?

I have it on my iphone, but when I ever open up an app or msn or skype , it asks me to connect to numbers ( ip adresses) so I refuse , then the app won't work..

now I am confused, do I really need it ?
    2010-05-25 07:25 PM
    I don't think you really need it. If you deny the connection then some apps won't work because some apps need some sort of connection.
    2010-05-25 07:34 PM
    thank you soulthoughts!
    2010-05-25 07:37 PM
    No problem. If you're using it to refuse connections for security reasons, just make sure your SSH password is changed and that you have the apple kill switch set to 'On' in sbsettings. That should be enough.
    2010-05-25 07:58 PM
    I have changed my root password..

but

apple kill switch set to 'On' in sbsettings.
    what is this ? soory i am n00b :-(
    2010-05-25 08:01 PM
    well, your question is no as easy to respond. If you have a data plan you don't need it, but if you don't have one you can close the use of data with firewall ip. In other words - let your apps only connect to inet if you are on wifi

I am happy it works like that. You can get the same result with the data toggle, but that will kill commcenter and restart it, which I do not know if it can create problems with ultrans0w or stuff like that
    2010-05-25 10:17 PM
    I don't have a data plan , i use wifi always..

but I use a fake APN , so firewall ip has nothing to do with that..

thnx for ur reply :-)
    2010-05-25 10:20 PM
    I have changed my root password..

but

what is this ? soory i am n00b :-(
    sbsettings > more > extras and options > Apple Killswitch

...basically Apple has the ability to remote wipe your phone. This takes away that ability.
    Attached Thumbnails Do we really need Firewall ip ?-img_0450.png   Do we really need Firewall ip ?-img_0451.png  
    2010-05-25 11:45 PM
    Thank you Soulthoughts!

It is already " on" , I don't know who turned it on , maybe someone called spirit ? lol

thank u again.. i was waiting for ur help in such stuff..

Grazie mille..

Bella
    2010-05-25 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD