Hey everyone, I have a 3gs the model number is mc136ll running 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n. Today I came across a jailbreak called spirit which promises to jailbreak any iPhone with 3.1.3 on it and it will be unteathered. A few weeks ago my iPhone started acting crazy and it needs to be restored. The only problem is even tho my iPhone has 3.1.2 cydia has the shsh saved as 3.1.3 because when I bought my iPhone 3.1.2 was no longer supported. Has anyone used this jailbreak and does it work because I really need my phone to work but I do not wanna loose my jailbreak. So any input would be appriciated greatly. My goAl is to have 3.1.3 running with an unteathered jailbreak.
    2010-06-13 12:40 AM
    As long as you use AT&T then spirit will work just fine, it literally takes about 45 seconds
    2010-06-13 12:56 AM
    I have restore my 3gs last night from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 with sprit. Everthing is going fine and I managed to install cydia.
    Now the hard part. I tried to install apps thru itune 9 and none of the apps can be installed.
    Try to connect my phone to pcsuite and got an error message "iPhone is not jailbreak".

Anyone know how to fix this? Pleaseeeee.

Clarificatin. I completed the restored to 3.1.3. And then I jailbreak using sprit.

Clarificatin. I completed the restored to 3.1.3. And then I jailbreak using sprit.
    Last edited by yoyo-man; 2010-06-13 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-13 01:35 AM
    Hi Guys
    I have messed up my iphone by mistake i have iphone 3gs 3.1.3,i have jailbreake it today by this spirit software,it was working all fine and i downloaded few sources by cydia,in one of the cydia sources i downloded blackra1n on ipfone,didn't realise that blackra1n is also a jailbreaker itself,since after that my iphone is gone on black screen with apple on it and its is freezed there,i cant switch it of,or restore it through itunes,itunes is not even reading it,what can i do about it please help,i know my english is not pretty good so if any question please feel free to ask me. thankyou
    2010-06-13 03:17 AM
    put your iphone in dfu mode, restore it, then run spirit after you sync with itunes, you will not need to use blackra1n because you will be using spirit as your jailbreak in place of blackra1n. I first used spirit today and was a little skeptical but it worked great and its awesome to have an unteathered jailbreak
    Last edited by dsmperformance; 2010-06-13 at 10:37 AM.
    2010-06-13 10:33 AM
    My jailbreak phone 3.1.3 keep getting "my iPhone has not been jailbreak" under pcsuite. Is pcsuite support 3.1.3?
    2010-06-13 11:08 AM
    Get afc2add from Cydia. PCSuite will work then.
    2010-06-13 01:13 PM
    how do i put my iphone to DFU mode? please tell me thankyou
    2010-06-13 03:17 PM
    put your iphone in dfu mode, restore it, then run spirit after you sync with itunes, you will not need to use blackra1n because you will be using spirit as your jailbreak in place of blackra1n. I first used spirit today and was a little skeptical but it worked great and its awesome to have an unteathered jailbreak
    You can not jailbreak your iPhone on OS 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 using SPIRIT if it's not ACTIVATED ... You need to activate your iPhone first using OFFICIAL Carrier (AT&T) before you can use SPIRIT ... SPIRIT does not work on STUCK on Emergency Call / STUCK on Recovery Mode ... If you are on AT&T ... just restore your OS 3.1.3 then activate it using iTunes then Jailbreak it using SPIRIT and am 100% sure it's UNTETHERED Jailbreak ...

Now if you care about UNLOCK because you are on UN-Official Carrier ... then forget about SPIRIT
    2010-06-13 04:15 PM
    Afc2add fixed my problem.
    Everything is back to normal.
    Thanks
    2010-06-13 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.