User Tag List

Hello,

I have few questions about jailbreaking and unlocking iOS 4.
    I have a iPhone 3Gs with..
    modem firmware: 05.11.07
    iPhone OS version: 3.1.2
    jailbreak: blackra1n.

First question is about the baseband / modem firmware / bootrom (it's the same, right?^^). I thought i have the new baseband, but there is a newer out there: 05.12.01. So have i the new or the old baseband?

Ok, now i want to jailbreak and unlock the iOS 4, which should running on my settings, when i looking at the Proof of Concept (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlewvG56t3I&feature=player_embedded). right?

On this site (http://www.redmondpie.com/unlock-ios-4.0-with-blacksn0w/), it says that i have to preserve my baseband (05.11.07) to unlock it with blacksn0w. And the first step of the instructions is a link to jailbreak iOS 4 with PwnageTool (http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-jailbreak-ios-4.0-with-pwnagetool/), but there it stands when i have the new bootrom i would get one of these errors: 1600/1603, and i get them.

So, next problem i have, i tried very hard to restore my phone to 3.1.2, just to reinstall it. But i have no chance to do that, it always ends up with an error. Since i have 3Gs i have to use the Saurik work-around to restore 3.1.2, but this doesn't work for me, so i tried it on my local machine (because i read that the Saurik server is down (?)), with TinyTSS, and when i look at the terminal output, while iTunes try to verifying it, there is a successfull-message, and iTunes go ahead to "preparing" my phone, but thant BOOM i get an error, one more time!

Hopely someone can help me, with some questions.

iTr4sh

PS: i'm german, and english is not my strength....
    Last edited by iTr4sh; 2010-06-13 at 03:34 PM.
    2010-06-13 02:21 PM
    Baseband and modem firmware are the same, but bootrom is something entirely different.

Why do you want to go to iOS4 beta so bad? The public release is in 11 days.
    2010-06-13 05:14 PM
    thx for reply!

when i started to update to iOS4, it was only fun, and there are very usefull features that i want to get NOW ;-)! By now, i found out, that i can't restore to any version, so i cant use an custom 3.1.2 ipsw, the original 3.1.2 or a custom 4.0 ipsw. If i'm right, i have to use a custom 4.0 ipsw file to preserve my baseband to have an unlockable iOS. An unlock of the new baseband (which will install with the iOS4) can't be unlocked?!

I cant find any information, why i'm getting an error when i try to restore (and i tried everything i found!).

If i update to 3.1.3, there is no way to get the old baseband i just have, right?
    Is there any hint, that could resolves my problem with updating?
    2010-06-13 05:52 PM
    If your phone has the new bootrom, it can't use custom firmwares at all. The easiest way of finding out the bootrom is by guesstimating based on the serial number. If the 3rd, 4th and 5th number is higher than 942 (0xx is higher than 9xx) then your phone has the new bootrom.

The jailbroken beta versions of the firmware are really meant for developers of jailbroken apps. Personally, I just wait until the official one is released, after all the release day is so close by now.

Furthermore, in all likelyhood, the baseband of iOS4 will be unlocked shortly after release so you won't have to use a custom firmware to go there. Do check with the jailbreak devs before going there though, as something unforeseen could come up.
    2010-06-13 10:45 PM
    wuhuu i have the new bootrom! -.- (943, that is close!)

I hope the jailbreak + unlock will work for me close after the release of the final!

Ok, thanks for reply! Have a nice day, i will go to bed now ;-)!
    2010-06-13 10:52 PM
    My only question is if i upgrade to the ios4 when it comes out or purchase an iPhone 4, will the jailbreak be untethered?
    2010-06-14 12:18 AM
    My only question is if i upgrade to the ios4 when it comes out or purchase an iPhone 4, will the jailbreak be untethered?
    Your info says you have a 3G. If that's the case, you'll always have untethered.

But yes, jailbreak of iOS4 will be untethered.
    2010-06-14 12:47 AM
    Hi Everyone,

Okay so i am confused about a couple of things.
    Sorry for being a NOOB

Okay so first off here are my iPhone Specs:

iPhone 3GS 3.1.2
    Baseband/Modem Firmware: 05.11.07
    Bootrom: iBoot-359.3.2
    Currently Unlocked/Jailbroken with Blackra1n
    Under T-Mobile Contract.

alright so I wanted to first off upgrade to 3.1.3, with my baseband & bootrom, it is not possible (correct?)

Now I was wondering what can I do to upgrade to the new iOS 4?
    First question would be: can i?
    second question would be: if yes, should I wait for the official release or should i use the custom firmware?

If someone can help me out here that would be great! thank you sooo much!
    2010-06-17 04:59 PM
    You would probably get the best (and final/confirmed) answers when 4.0 is actually released on the 21st. No one knows 100% for sure until it actually is publicly released.
    2010-06-17 05:55 PM
    oh okay!

So i will wait until a couple days after the 21st for more information.

Do you happen to know any news as of now on this jailbreak/unlock for 05.11.07 3.1.2 new bootrom?

Also with my iPhone specs can i (or should I) upgrade to 3.1.3?

Thanks in advance.
    2010-06-17 06:13 PM
    oh okay!

So i will wait until a couple days after the 21st for more information.

Do you happen to know any news as of now on this jailbreak/unlock for 05.11.07 3.1.2 new bootrom?

Also with my iPhone specs can i (or should I) upgrade to 3.1.3?

Thanks in advance.
    Nothing can be said for sure yet. Just hold on a little longer. Don't upgrade until you get official word from one of the dev teams.
    2010-06-17 07:13 PM
    i have a 3gs on 3.1.3 with the new bootrom and i was wondering if when ios4 comes out will i be able to jailbreak and unlock it? or if i can do both now? thanks for all the help
    2010-06-19 07:52 AM
    you can jailbreak with spirit now but not unlock, no one can say for sure that an unlock for the new iphones will be available because no one has one to test yet, but for the new iOS 4 baseband being unlocked on older phones (3g and 3gs) i'm pretty sure that one will be released
    2010-06-19 09:29 AM
    ok cool thanks i hope it does i just bought this phone being told it had an old enough bootloader to be unlocked and the person i bought it from lied to me i tradd my htc hd2 for it. =[
    2010-06-19 09:36 AM
    i would personally wait it out and see, but if for some reason there isn't an unlock released you can always go punch them in the face for lying to you and take your old phone back (just kidding about the punching part...maybe )
    2010-06-19 09:58 AM
    i cant i got it off crags list.its an amazing condition phone. it just cant be unlocked. i have it up and working with no service and i just jailbroke it. i think im gonna wait it out and if it doesnt happen then ill sell it on crags list.
    2010-06-19 10:07 AM
    Hey guys,

i just wanted to check if there are any updates on the iOS 4 Unlock and Jailbreak.

My Specs again are:

iPhone 3GS NEW Bootrom, Baseband: 05.11.07

let me know!

thank you so much in advance.
    2010-06-21 11:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD