hi all,

i will be restoring my iphone soon to fix some cydia problems and i downloaded itunes 9.2 without realising it had only just been released thinking i was finally updating to 9.1.1

i have an iphone 3gs firmware 3.1.2 and all ive seen is that u shouldnt jailbreak with spirit on itunes 9.2 can i use blackra1n since im on firmware 3.1.2 or will it not work either. and if i reinstall an older 9.1.1 itunes version can i jailbreak with that and then reinstall itunes 9.2 so it is able to read the itunes library file created? or is there an easier way? ive heard redsn0w is still able to jailbreak but i was hoping for a one button jailbreak. lazy, i know haha.

thanks
    2010-06-18 10:41 AM
    You should reinstall iTunes 9.1 and jailbreak with Spirit as jailbreaking with blackra1n could cause you to get a tethered jailbreak.
    2010-06-18 08:42 PM
    2010-06-18 11:33 PM
    hi all,

i will be restoring my iphone soon to fix some cydia problems and i downloaded itunes 9.2 without realising it had only just been released thinking i was finally updating to 9.1.1

i have an iphone 3gs firmware 3.1.2 and all ive seen is that u shouldnt jailbreak with spirit on itunes 9.2 can i use blackra1n since im on firmware 3.1.2 or will it not work either. and if i reinstall an older 9.1.1 itunes version can i jailbreak with that and then reinstall itunes 9.2 so it is able to read the itunes library file created? or is there an easier way? ive heard redsn0w is still able to jailbreak but i was hoping for a one button jailbreak. lazy, i know haha.

thanks
    Nightrage,

Actually, you should make sure your iPhone is using the Old Bootrom if you want to try Headcheese's suggestion. blackra1n only supports old-bootrom with tethering. If you want untethering, you MUST use Spirit. In any case, if you want to downgrade back to iTunes 9.1.1, here's a step-by-step tutorial Oxyjan iTunes 9.2 Downgrade Tutorial.
    2010-06-23 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD