Hey guys,

1. The phone is BRAND NEW.
    I have just installed spirit (haven't run it yet coz I'm paranoid)
    My bootrom is 359.3.2
    Should I go ahead and JB it? (I'll do it right away if I get confirmation - I'm scared)

2. What can I do after I JB it? Obviously not as a phone, since spirit doesn't unlock and I'm with T-mo. So, what else can I use it for?

sailorboyheng
    2010-06-19 11:07 PM
    Unless you can activate it with an AT&T sim spirit will not jailbreak it, if you can go to cydia and have fun, there are tons of apps, themes, ringtones, etc. there to customize your phone
    2010-06-19 11:34 PM
    I have activated the phone - so the JB will we SAFE right?
    I heard that Cydia has apps that can make calls..
    and besides that, I just installed 'text free' which allows me to send text messages...
    With this 2, do I pretty much have a phone already?
    2010-06-19 11:50 PM
    Technically yes you do have a working phone.

Some calling apps require additional fees that dont go along with your plan, or they require to be on wifi because on T-Mobile, you dont get 3G which means the app wont be able to run properly. Being on EDGE is too slow for apps like Skype. Also, with textfree you can only text with wifi as it requires a data plan. If youre not unlocked you cant utilize data so you will constantly have to be in a wifi area to have these things work.
    2010-06-19 11:55 PM
    I just Jailbroke!
    Woohooo
    Way easier than I thought...
    Hello Cydia~

Final question:
    Since spirit only JBs and not unlock, I can't put in my T-mo sim yet right?
    Still, I can make calls with Google Voice and send texts with textfree unlimited as long as I'm connected through wifi?
    2010-06-20 12:18 AM
    Yes you will be needing wifi, you can put your sim in it just wont work.

With Google voice i think that runs on data too. Tho you need an invite to Google voice which i got mine like after two months of applying for it. Just making sure you know that in case you didnt
    2010-06-20 12:35 AM
    actually, if you were like one of the lucky 100 people in the world like me,you could have been picked to be able to have a new beta version of textfree, which also gives you the ability to call with it over wifi, absolutely free with free minutes or paid ( there are many apps that give you free minutes for textfree, like gun bros that are activated when you download and first use) but remember when you r tryi8ng to get free minutes, u have to use the app and plAY it for like a minute, then u will be notified by textfree when your minutes have been added to your account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope this helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I I
    U
    2010-12-07 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD